Notices

Day 8 v10.0.0 and doing GREAT !!!

Old 01-12-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8 v10.0.0 and doing GREAT !!!

Well a whole week behind me plus a day and I'am reaping the benefit's and rewards of total sobriety ! I'am one of the very few individuals that have suffered NO Physical withdrawal pains or symtoms and for this I'am extremely Grateful !

Felt a little blah starting out...day 4 was a killer ! Felt like I was a Zombie ...kinda like taking a heavy hit of Valium !...just knocked me out !
Other than that...it's getting better each day and I'am losing the "fog" but it will be quite a while before I'am in the "clear". I'am not rushing it. Just adapting.

Drank enough water the first 5 days to float a battleship ! Day 6 and 7, it has eased off and I feel rehydrated. Even the scales say I've gained two pounds. I'am sure it is water weight.

Now for the serious ****. I'am sleeping...eh...good. Takes a while to get to sleep, toss and turn for an hour or two...then Bang ! I just wake up 8-10 hours later...about to "Burst" ! You know what I mean. :-)
Never even remember falling asleep. This is subject to change of course. Sleep is usually all over the place the first month or two. I understand this and allow for it.

My appetite came back on day 2 with a vengence! I eat a lot...and graze a
lot...heavy on the protein at breakfast and lunch and a light dinner. LOTS of fresh fruit, Strawberries, Grapes, Melons (various), pineapple, banana's...helped a lot to keep my sweet tooth at bay. I got to where I wanted nothing sweet at ALL ! I wanted REAL FOOD ! Protein, Carbs and fat's ! and VEGGIE'S !!!

A little Hersey's "Dark Chocolate" to take the "edge" off was really the extent of any real "Sugar". One thing I think is helping...I have been Caffein free (other than the Chocolate) since August of last year. Something about chocolate. It just "works".

My BP mildly "Spiked" the first few days and I contacted my Doc. He asked me a few question's and said I seemed to be pretty safe and he doubled my BP meds for 3 days. Brought the BP down and now it is the lowest I have seen it since my last quit. (Note: Drinking DOES elevated BP especially during acute withdrawal). I even stopped by my Doc's office today and they checked my BP and said I was fine.

Well, I see I'am getting a little long winded here. There is so much I want to share with you all...but, later.

I know Day 8 is only scratching the surface but every day I can tack together is just building confidence and determination in me to make this quit "STICK" !

Now it's..."Your Turn" to get started on the road to sobriety !

DD

Thank You for being here for me and I hope I can be of some help to you.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome post DuhDave

Congrats its brilliant isnt it each day feels like footsteps !!
Old 01-12-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad that you are making such good progress, DuhDave!

Power on.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad the physical thing is good.
How bout the thinkin thing? Have you gotten reestablished with AA yet?
Old 01-12-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes tomsteve...this first week is mainly the physical thing. I have been reading the BB and several other publications as well.

Will be attending AA meetings on a regular basis. I have 3 groups I follow, Noon and 8 pm.

Thank You for your interest.

DD
Old 01-12-2015, 09:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats! It really does feel great.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on yr progress Dave

D
Old 01-13-2015, 02:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DuhDave View Post
Yes tomsteve...this first week is mainly the physical thing. I have been reading the BB and several other publications as well.

Will be attending AA meetings on a regular basis. I have 3 groups I follow, Noon and 8 pm.

Thank You for your interest.

DD
Good on ya!
You may hear the ninth step promises read at meetings. They DO materialize if they are worked for.
And theres a LOT more that happen as a result of working the steps.
In the bb, page 84 last paragraph to end of first on page 86 are someone remarkable promises.
There's others,too. Promises for each step.

It works if ya work it so work it yer worth it!
Old 01-13-2015, 03:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Well done Dave, awesome job.

Glad you are enjoying the journey so far
Old 01-13-2015, 03:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober Member

Your doing great. Well done keep going.
Old 01-13-2015, 03:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

SO good to hear how you are doing; keep it up!! I, too, am a big fan of dark chocolate!
Old 01-13-2015, 03:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 8 is fantastic Dave!! Keep it going!!
Old 01-14-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'am now entering the "DANGER ZONE" !

So far in my recovery and sobriety I have felt like I was in the "Twilight Zone"...but now, going into Day 10 today is the "Danger Zone". This is a real scary period of time for me and potential relapse. It seems in my past Quit's, Day's 10-15 have been A very "slippery" for me on several occasions.

Well NOT THIS TIME !!!

I intend to fortify my sobriety with AA meetings 2X a day and extended workout sessions at the gym. Nothing too strenuous but just being out of my "Element" and my head for longer amounts of time for the next week at least. I hope after a week or so of this concentrated effort, I will start to like it and want to keep up the pace. I'am reading that regular excercise can greatly help to minimize depression ! I'am all for THAT !

I suspect some trips to the library and some nice lunch time places I have been intending to visit will help as well. Oh...and there are a few movies I have been wanting to see...

I have really become quite interested in CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) in regards to treating depression with seems to be the symptom of many disorders. I find it fascinating and have much more to learn.

The first 7-10 days have been mainly regarding the physical detox and ridding my body of the poison. So far it has gone well for me. So now it's time to concentrate my efforts on rebuilding ME...and my life !

SO !...here's to Day 10...AND BEYOND !

DD
Old 01-14-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome post DuhDave CBT is exellent for depression well done. on day 10 bud your doing exellent

You sound prepared & the added bonus is you have SR's full support 110%

Well done DuhDave i loved reading that
Old 01-14-2015, 05:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks SoberWolf !

On a lighter note...Winnie the Pooh and "The Blustery Day" was (Is) one of my favs !

Thank you.

DD