Notices

Day 2 eek

Old 01-12-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 eek

Well so far today had periods of cravings which are driving me nuts. Weird tight feeling in my head and chest, concentration awful, feel like have to keep clenching my hands...weird stuff. Heads been going fuzzy and at times so damn irritable. Keep thinking one day at a time though.
Every time think of everything missing and it feels overwhelming keep thinking of now!
Gave my mum my cash point cards to take away temptation in short term and I've recognised that when was trying to cut down it was a constant 'today or tomorrow?'...now because it's neither it's taken the constant stream of arguing in my head away a little lol.
Even though getting a bit frustrated I rushed less when doing my daughters homework with her, put some clothes away and changed beds to keep busy.
Going to make some food in a bit and then gym induction tomorrow which will hopefully get rid of some of the adrenaline!
Kinda merging between petrified, anxious and really excited that I'm going to do this....
Hope everyone is managing tonight and feeling positive...we can do this!!!!
Old 01-12-2015, 11:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

JadedGirl, well done!

I am genuinely touched by your devotion to your daughter in the face of all your other challenges. You truly deserve all the best. Believe that.

It's great to hear that your confidence is growing but don't lose focus okay. Keep going to counseling, checking in here, and doing what you have to do. Don't let your guard down.

You can do this
Old 01-12-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome post JadedGirl your doing really well

We can do this
Old 01-12-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We can do it! (Day 2) for me also. My heads fuzzy also. Driving me nuts.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh thankyou. She deserves the best mum though and I should have put her first for a long time. I didn't really realise I wasn't (or maybe I did but was in denial). Trying to be confident but I won't lose focus �� I'm so scared but telling myself over and over I can do it (don't have much choice tonight mind with no cash cards lol).
Spoke to my friend who used to,work in drug and alcohol today. He knew but thought was getting better. Was totally honest, not leaving out the embarrassing bits. I need to be honest and if I'm embarrassed then maybe that's telling me something.
One day at a time huh? �� xx
Old 01-12-2015, 11:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alynn View Post
We can do it! (Day 2) for me also. My heads fuzzy also. Driving me nuts.
Well done Hun. Fuzzy head is nuts isn't it. My memory and concentration is all over place too do u find that? Hope doesn't last too long or gna be finding the milk in the oven and the cat food in the microwave 😁 x
Old 01-12-2015, 11:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

One day at a time its all we have well done again JG
Old 01-12-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
One day at a time its all we have well done again JG

That's what I'm saying to myself over and over now lol 'one day'
How far have you come now if u dont mind me asking (if you already said I'm sorry memory is terrible ATM) x
Old 01-12-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done, JadedGirl.

Stay the course; things will get easier and better with time.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JadedGirl View Post
Well so far today had periods of cravings which are driving me nuts. Weird tight feeling in my head and chest, concentration awful, feel like have to keep clenching my hands...weird stuff. Heads been going fuzzy and at times so damn irritable. Keep thinking one day at a time though.
Every time think of everything missing and it feels overwhelming keep thinking of now!
Gave my mum my cash point cards to take away temptation in short term and I've recognised that when was trying to cut down it was a constant 'today or tomorrow?'...now because it's neither it's taken the constant stream of arguing in my head away a little lol.
Even though getting a bit frustrated I rushed less when doing my daughters homework with her, put some clothes away and changed beds to keep busy.
Going to make some food in a bit and then gym induction tomorrow which will hopefully get rid of some of the adrenaline!
Kinda merging between petrified, anxious and really excited that I'm going to do this....
Hope everyone is managing tonight and feeling positive...we can do this!!!!
Well done on Day 2..i am on 3.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great job JadedGirl!!
Old 01-12-2015, 12:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whitehorses View Post
Well done on Day 2..i am on 3.
Aw well done!!!! How have you found day 3? My friend who used to work in drug and alcohol told me day 3 is the hardest? X
Old 01-12-2015, 12:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Every so often my heart starts going nuts and I'm getting pains in my stomach? Is that normal at the beginning? �� x
Old 01-12-2015, 01:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Awesome job JadedGirl! When you have cravings tell yourself that it is only temporary! Don't give your discomfort the time of day and distract yourself with something that you enjoy! I'm in this with you (today is day 3 for me). I am confident about getting through tonight, but according to my pattern on night 4 I slip and drink. However, I just need to think about today and I will take tomorrow as it comes. I think a large percent of this is a mental game for us dependent on alcohol. I don't know how you feel about God or anything, but I will be praying for you!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Whitehorses, way to go on day 3! That's where I'm at today as well!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Also, JadedGirl the heart and stomach thing sounds like it could be panic attacks due to anxiety about change. However, it is always best to check with a doctor if you are really worried. I get panic attacks and that is what happens with me. Heart fluttering, stomach upsets, mild diziness.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jazzy7777 View Post
Awesome job JadedGirl! When you have cravings tell yourself that it is only temporary! Don't give your discomfort the time of day and distract yourself with something that you enjoy! I'm in this with you (today is day 3 for me). I am confident about getting through tonight, but according to my pattern on night 4 I slip and drink. However, I just need to think about today and I will take tomorrow as it comes. I think a large percent of this is a mental game for us dependent on alcohol. I don't know how you feel about God or anything, but I will be praying for you!
Thanks jazzy. That's what I've been doing tonight, trying to just ride it until they reduce. I agree that it's hugely a mental thing. That's what scares me more than the physical cravings. I know they will go it's the psychological side that's gonna be so hard. Well done on day three that's amazing. You said day 4 is where you usually slip, mine has always been day three. Never ever got past the third day but I'm determined (quietly and hopefully). You know tomorrow is going to be a hard one as I do but remember what you just said to me about the cravings being temporary. We can both come on here and use the support to help and imagine how we will both feel Wednesday morning knowing we have come further than we ever have!! We CAN do this can't we x
Old 01-12-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Also, JadedGirl the heart and stomach thing sounds like it could be panic attacks due to anxiety about change. However, it is always best to check with a doctor if you are really worried. I get panic attacks and that is what happens with me. Heart fluttering, stomach upsets, mild diziness.
Thanks Hun. Oh panic attacks are horrible aren't they? This is not as bad as a panic attack. May be mild anxiety tho as I have been feeling a little anxious today. Just ride with it I guess x
Old 01-12-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Yes JadedGirl! We can use this place for support as well encourage eachother to wake up Wednesday with a clear conscience & be motivated to go further after breaking our personal barrier!
Old 01-12-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Yes JadedGirl! We can encourage eachother to wake up Wednesday with a clear conscience & be motivated to go further after breaking our personal barrier! P.s. I haven't figured out how to use the quote feature on my tablet.
Definitely and pm me anytime :-) I'm on iPad and at bottom of the post there's usually a few little boxes where can quote, edit etc? X