Notices

Horrible dream I was drinking!

Old 01-11-2015, 10:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Horrible dream I was drinking!

Just got up and been awake tossing and turning kept thinking about my money troubles and then when I finally dropped to sleep I dreamt I started drinking to excess again! Really felt real! I was so annoyed and disappointed!

First vivid one I have ever had and at 101 days I didn't expect it! I feel drained, like I have been fighting all night.

Do these happen more frequent or tend to go away?
Old 01-11-2015, 10:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's funny you mention dreams of drinking. I can't say how frequently they can occur, but I was at a meeting the other day when someone (who has been sober for a couple of years) was discussing a drinking dream.

I've had a couple of drinking dreams within recent days. I'm only 9 days sober, so I'm just beginning this journey.

I'd love to find out more about these kinds of dreams and others' experiences...
Old 01-11-2015, 10:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hi Buggirl ,
I've had them before and find they serve as a reminder of a kind .. They certainly didn't men i was going to drink again .. i had them over 1000 days ago

I'm sure money troubles aren't easy.. 7 years ago i was homeless and £8000 in debt . How are you dealing with those troubles in a constructive way ? Ignoring issues doesn't make them go away … sometimes we need the help and perspective of someone outside of it though ...
can you get advice from somewhere ? ( in the UK the CAB do financial advice with financial councillors ) .

Stay strong , m
Old 01-11-2015, 11:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Its not nice when these nightmares happen and they can leave you drained

Buggirl just remember it was just a dream it never really happened your sobriety is intact

They will keep getting less frequent it proberly happened because you are stressed about recent money troubles (which im also sorry about)

(((BugGirl)))
Old 01-11-2015, 11:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 01-11-2015, 11:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 01-11-2015, 11:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 01-11-2015, 11:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So I looked at a couple of dreaming sites for you, I'm not an expert but the general consensus was:

To dream that you are drinking alcohol, denotes that you are seeking either pleasure or escape.
Which could make sense based on what you said. Don't worry…

Don't Worry Be Happy? - A Cappella - YouTube
Old 01-12-2015, 12:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Buggirl View Post
Just got up and been awake tossing and turning kept thinking about my money troubles and then when I finally dropped to sleep I dreamt I started drinking to excess again! Really felt real! I was so annoyed and disappointed!

First vivid one I have ever had and at 101 days I didn't expect it! I feel drained, like I have been fighting all night.

Do these happen more frequent or tend to go away?
Hi Buggirl,

I still have drinking dreams, at least once a week I'll wake up in a cold sweat. I think the fact alcoholism is such a huge part of who I am dreaming about drinking or not drinking is always going to be part of me. It simply reiterates the fact I never want to drink again.

I have to calm down on my cheese intake at night. I'm pregnant I have an excuse!

Hope you're doing well.

L x
Old 01-12-2015, 12:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You got this...it was only a dream
Old 01-12-2015, 12:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

After more than two years sober I still have dreams that I'm drinking. It occasionally rattles me but the feeling dissolves like morning fog in the heat of the day. Nothing to fear but fear itself, and all.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I rarely get them now, but they do still happen and I wake up in a panic, never nice!!
Old 01-12-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I still have drinking dreams, years out, but they are much less frequent now. They are certainly unsettling and I wake up relieved but unnerved.

I think that what is most important that you consciously choose sobriety in the light of day.