Notices

Anyone still do drunk things when sober?

Old 01-11-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Anyone still do drunk things when sober?

I made an observation about my sober behavior and it seems I still do "drunk" things even when not under the influence.

Namely:

Blurting out things that would be better left unsaid.
Waking from a deep sleep and having a hard time recalling what I did the night previous.
Being a little reckless sometimes. Doing things on impulse. Spending comes to mind. Kind of like hell what will be, will be... :/
Dance randomly, singing loudly or doing silly impressions in public that would be better kept to myself lol

I'm sure there is more but I wondered have I always been like this but the drink made me not give a damn about it or did I cross the line when drinking and I can't go back to being a sane member of the public ever again.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I forget things.....uh oh, can't be my age!?
Old 01-11-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

must I admit to any of this?

memory is still off and on, but then there are those silly things I really do remember....

old age? maybe, maybe not.....

at least my physical reactions are really great today!!
Old 01-11-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Ahaha was going to mention memory but thought that might just be my age too
Old 01-11-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Being hyper and funny and random? ME?!? check.

Doing it while sober makes it ok, otherwise it gets stupid, harmful, and a waste of time.

Sober I can be me! Even if it is too hyper for most. I try to control it but at 42, F it, life is funny sometimes!!!
Old 01-11-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

In my opinion you may have began drinking to be more comfortable being fun, silly, and spontaneous. Now that you are maturing and free from alcohol you realize you can be the same awesome carefree spirit without the crutch!
Old 01-11-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I can't like/thank Jazzy enough for your thoughts!
Old 01-11-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

"Where did I put my beer" I find translates directly to "Where did I leave my Coffee , My monster , My wrench , my Hammer"....Haven't forgot where I put the car yet , but that's probably soon...
Old 01-11-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have a feeling many addicts/ alcoholics are impulsive and it leads to drinking, maybe drinking was an impulse behavior itself.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I was going to say not at all but you got me on the last one! Guilty as charged drives my oldest girl mad

Thanks
Old 01-11-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
*Ex Missus

Originally Posted by Mikie9 View Post
Being hyper and funny and random? ME?!? check.

Doing it while sober makes it ok, otherwise it gets stupid, harmful, and a waste of time.

Sober I can be me! Even if it is too hyper for most. I try to control it but at 42, F it, life is funny sometimes!!!
Hyper! That's the word. I have a 9 year old daughter and she's at that age where she's starting to get embarrassed when I dance in the supermarket I used to attribute it to being hungover/still drunk from the night before. It's time to admit. I am actually like that lol.

Originally Posted by Jazzy7777 View Post
In my opinion you may have began drinking to be more comfortable being fun, silly, and spontaneous. Now that you are maturing and free from alcohol you realize you can be the same awesome carefree spirit without the crutch!
That's a lovely way to think of it! I guess I haven't been "aware" of my behavior for so long that now I am aware of my every move it's strange and I'm second guessing myself.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Probably just you and you were too intoxicated to know who you were. Just getting acquainted with myself for the first time in my life. The memory, well substance abuse does do some long term damage. I've had improvement over the past couple of years but there's still a lot of blank moments. I just have to slow my brain down a bit and put the pieces together.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It's time to admit. I am actually like that lol.

For the love of god woman, DANCE!!!! If being hyper is a crime, well I have a lot of fines due
Old 01-11-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yeah I drive all the time j/k... I find myself that I'm a lot more direct and honest just like I was when drinking. If I don't like something I'll say it.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

I still procrastinate.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

adhd anyone? There is some here in my life I love it when I don't drink, life is fun like when I was a kid again... and I can get away with it since I am not drunk haha

For me it is ok to be hyper etc, just not drunk and being hyper
Old 01-11-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

For me the alcohol brings with it a very dark and negative energy, destructive even.

But I have always been a bit hyper, funny, creative & constructive etc. Annoying even! (for superiors)

No more alcohol, thank you God. And you peeps! I would be still on the fence about that if I hadn't of found this forum I bet. Wow
Old 01-11-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stratman1 View Post
For me the alcohol brings with it a very dark and negative energy, destructive even.

But I have always been a bit hyper, funny, creative & constructive etc. Annoying even!

No more alcohol, thank you God. And you peeps! I would be still on the fence about that if I hadn't of found this forum I bet. Wow
On a serious note, I had to learn it was ok to be me. Hyper and creative.

Why did I start drinking? Because I didn't fit in and being drunk was an excuse to be hyper and goofy and have an excuse (love THAT logic). I could have just found other people to hang out with I guess but.

But I started in my teens. Thank goodness I figured it out before I got too much older.

My favorite saying is, let your freak flag fly baby! You are you! I can't be me if I am drunk or high. I have my struggles staying put here in sober land, but I sure do like being me and not the drunk hyper me!
Old 01-11-2015, 09:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mikie9 View Post
On a serious note, I had to learn it was ok to be me. Hyper and creative.

Why did I start drinking? Because I didn't fit in and being drunk was an excuse to be hyper and goofy and have an excuse (love THAT logic). I could have just found other people to hang out with I guess but.

But I started in my teens. Thank goodness I figured it out before I got too much older.

My favorite saying is, let your freak flag fly baby! You are you! I can't be me if I am drunk or high. I have my struggles staying put here in sober land, but I sure do like being me and not the drunk hyper me!
Thanks Mikie for the good advice. I think you are right! No bones about, i'm a freak! I never fitted in around here anyway. Time to accept this fact, I think its obvious by now that i am not going to be a straight-laced joe. Looks like I am the last to know. I never wanted to be that anyway…

Phew what a relief. Lets fly the freaky flag together! thanks
Old 01-11-2015, 10:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by neferkamichael View Post
I still procrastinate.
Yeah, I was kind of hoping that would magically go away when I stopped drinking.

Now I just have more sober time to possibly be productive...