I came to talk out loud....

Old 05-01-2002, 12:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Angry I came to talk out loud....

Okay, I just came to talk out loud. I didn't cause it, I can't control it and I can't cure it. If he wants to kill himself with drinking and tell me its not fair, that I am looking at him funny so he might as well go to the biker bar, that's his choice. I have to accept this!! Trust your gut feelings, thought I would at least get two days of sobriety but it didn't happen. If he wants to lie to himself and me, thats his choice also. Nothing I can do. I kept trying to hand it over today when I talked him and knew, I think it worked once and then that nagging worry set in, so I kept talking to myself, telling myself these same things I stating here.

He went out, not sure whether he went to therapy or the biker bar but I might as well go out too. Need to do something to take my mind off things.

Thanks for letting me vent. I am still too shy to use the phone list This helped.

Love,
Debbie
Old 05-01-2002, 12:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes! Activity, just the thing! Wishing you a wonderful distraction.... HUGS!

Smoke
Old 05-01-2002, 01:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Theresa

We all need distractions - go out and
rejuvenate yourself!!!

Love and warmth and a big hug too,

Theresa

Old 05-01-2002, 01:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hi Deb...

He says you are looking a him funny...who wouldn't look funny when a duck is standing in your house quacking and quacking? Going to the biker bar....QUACK! You may as well go out and buy a loaf of bread and feed the real ones at the duck pond...at least you will be under the sunshine and outside and AWAY from all the QUACKING at home! Have fun!

Do something nice for yourself...
Paula
Old 05-01-2002, 03:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hey all,

Ha ha, the whole duck quacking thing cracked me I went and did a little shopping and believe me, I didn't think of him once. I browsed and then bought

I then read my books in the car and wrote in my journal. Its funny, but as much as I dislike driving, my car is the only thing I think of being all mine. So I figure I did what I wanted to do in the car, with no worries about him or the animals. Now its back to the real world inside the house. Not that it can't be better, I just need to work on it and decide what I need to do. I have never been a good decision maker.

Oh well, think I will watch TV. Hope something good is on so I can get engrossed in it.

Talk to you all later.
Love,
Debbie

PS Well I think he must be quacking at the biker bar. Funny what a check will do for some people. Don't they say something about money being the root of all evil....oh well.

[This message has been edited by barbiedeb (edited May 01, 2002).]
Old 05-01-2002, 07:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Good for you Debbie. Sounds like you have a handle on things.

Lots of Hugs

MG

Old 05-01-2002, 07:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Old 05-01-2002, 08:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hi all,

Well, I had it together tonight more than I would have a month ago. He just came in (I would have been asleep but the partner of whom he was with called me, so we vented together and calmed each other down). He was supposedly suicidal and they drove around for 8 hours, whatever. I think the logical thing would have been to seek some treatment but who am I? Anyway, I didn't shout, told him calmly what I thought and walked away from him. I know I shouldn't have said anything but I am proud of me for remaining calm. Anyway, that is my update. I am going to bed now. I need to get up in 4 1/2 hours. My butt is going to be dragging.

Good night all.
Love,
Debbie
Old 05-02-2002, 02:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Debbie, You are really making progress, can you feel the change? I am also too shy yet to use the phone list, but maybe soon. You did well to remain calm when faced with his behavior. A good day! I hope your day today is even better. I will say a prayer for you.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Debbie,

It is so funny what you said about your car! I felt the same way...when things would get bad at home I would get in my car and leave. All my books and tapes were in there and I could read or listen or park and cry.

Keep up the good work,
Paula
Old 05-02-2002, 11:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hi Guys

Wanted to check in and say hi. I am soooooo tired. I am going to take a nap so I can make my meeting tonight. I was busy at work today so that was good. I don't think I am going to discuss anything with him, I don't have the energy.

I will be checking in later.

Love you all,
Debbie
Old 05-02-2002, 12:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager