Notices

Four days... But not happy Jan....

Old 01-11-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Four days... But not happy Jan....

Four days without alcohol but only because I've had four days with prescription drugs...
And I'm already hanging out for the next drug each time before it's time to take it, OR for a nice big drink... Don't want to feel... Don't want to be a grown up.
I have to be alive and sober for my kids but if I could think of a way to "not deal"
with a life I don't want without hurting them I would....
Under the drugs I'm taking there are tears. If I don't take them I'll be pouring bottles down my throat!
Why do I want to poison myself with alcohol even though I know I'll be terrified once I'm staggering?!!! The drugs are currently stopping the panic that makes me drink..... But barely.....
Old 01-11-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's the alcohol that intensifies the panic and anxiety. Once you have more time with it out of your system, you'll be able to find out what your true anxiety level is, and you can work with you doctor or therapist to manage it. The early days can be very tough. Keep reaching out, talk to us, talk to your face to face support, and don't drink. Try two deep slow breaths when you feel the panic starting.

Hang in there, it really does get better.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi.

Many times we, under the influence of anything mind altering, continue on a path of destruction. The obvious solution is to stop taking them which is not so easy considering what they do to our thinking process.
I see a couple resources that have been quite successful for the last 80 years, 1 is AA and the other is a detox and rehab.

Yes I’ve experienced the BUTs, however the continuance is more misery, and it will get worse and at a certain point will be un repairable if continued. This is some serious sh!t.

You can, as millions have, overcome this and eventually become comfortable in your own skin also.
It will involve steady work and changes.

BE WELL
Old 01-11-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Returning2drink View Post
Why do I want to poison myself with alcohol even though I know I'll be terrified once I'm staggering?!!! The drugs are currently stopping the panic that makes me drink..... But barely.....
Why was alcohol such a problem in my life???
This haunted me for years......the dirty little secret I thought no one really knew.......

I couldn't grasp WHY.

I began to seek help from support rooms, I listened and shared.

I now understand that alcohol was not the problem - It was the solution.

Simple truth, once recognized I had to find other solutions to my issues......
That moment was an epiphany that opened a door.....

Keep coming back
Old 01-11-2015, 06:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BernieE View Post
It's the alcohol that intensifies the panic and anxiety. Once you have more time with it out of your system, you'll be able to find out what your true anxiety level is, and you can work with you doctor or therapist to manage it. The early days can be very tough. Keep reaching out, talk to us, talk to your face to face support, and don't drink. Try two deep slow breaths when you feel the panic starting.

Hang in there, it really does get better.
^^^^ What Bernie said.

A google search for "Anxiety and Deep Breathing Tecniques" will bring up some techniques you can use to try and alleviate anxiety.

Stick with this, Returning2; it will get easier and better.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good advice here Returning to drink

Well done on 4 days sober
Old 01-11-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Welcome Returning

As everyone else has said, it can get better.

Things will become clearer the longer you stay off the booze.

I hope you have enough support in place to help you through -if this forum is not enough support ,there are things you can add as well; AA and/or rehab, counselling.

You can do this.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome! Good job on 4 days. You can do this if you want. I also have anxiety issues but it's so much better without alcohol. Exercise helps a lot, as does understanding how much of the anxiety comes from the ego talking and telling stories.