Notices

Here again Mr. PAWS

Old 01-10-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Here again Mr. PAWS

Hi Everyone,

Well here I am here again!! fell off the wagon 6 Months or so ago and I'm suffering POST ACUTE WITHDRAWALS (PAWS) Again.

Symptoms are worse this time, probably due to kindling, I did go to Doc he gave me Campral or something named like that.... but I didn't take as I was still using. 10 days clean now and cannot drink as I'm back working in Saudi Arabia, so its like enforced rehab, but happier this time as I think I have learned my error and hope not to make same mistake again.

I fell off the wagon last time when I went home from here, well I lost my job due to (I would think)being Dry Drunk and not being able to perform my job which takes a lot of mental stuff!! which caused me a lot of stress with a real nasty boss, which didn't help the stress levels either.

Anyway, last time here it gave me great comfort which I am thankful for that and I'm back now. My job this time is not so stressful and my co-workers are very nice, a relaxed atmosphere, nice boss and the work still gets done I am eating and sleeping well, also try do as much exercise as possible, just walking, small jogging, stretching at home stuff. My main problem is the crazy thoughts I get and sometimes dizziness and woolly headaches, waking up with strange feelings and tingling in hand and legs sometimes. I think sometimes there might be some depression there too as I have a young family at home and miss them and my wife so much, especially when there is no signal for Skype and I cannot see and talk to them. I am 53 the end of this Month have 3 kids and need to secure their future, that is why I am working here in the Oil and Gas engineering business. Thanks for reading my post and if you have any sound advise I will certainly take it on board.

Thank You and God Bless You,

Carlingford : ,herewego,
Old 01-10-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad that you have gotten ten days clean. And, it sounds like your work environment is a good one (though not 'home') and the exercise is definitely a good idea, too.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Anna, I know it will not be easy, but better prepared this time I believe, in a better place too (mentally I mean) lol, bring it on, looking forward to reaching the other side.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by carlingford View Post
I fell off the wagon last time when I went home from here, well I lost my job due to (I would think)being Dry Drunk and not being able to perform my job which takes a lot of mental stuff!! which caused me a lot of stress with a real nasty boss, which didn't help the stress levels either.
Hi Carlingford,
I have the same symptoms. I'm finding it really hard to concentrate, and my job requires lots of mental stamina. Ugh. I know it's really hard to stay the course when you feel your economic security is at risk. but somehow, someway, we'll have to keep on keeping on. Best of luck mate.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back, carlington. Congratulations on 10 clean days.

Sorry to hear that you are so far away from your family but it sounds like your work and current environment are very conducive to sobriety.

Don't forget that SR is here for you 24/7/365.
Old 01-11-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Can't help much with advice, but as much as you miss your family, which truly must be painful from how you expressed it, you're doing what you need to provide for them. Very noble.

How long will you be in SA and are there any planned trips home while you're there?

Wishing you the best.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome bk Carlingford Nice to meet you

Well done on 10 days sober
Old 01-11-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Way to go. 10 days is huge. My dad worked in the Saudi oil industry also, running some gosp's for Aramco in the eighties..last job he had because it kept him sober. He never addressed his alcoholism, and didn't do well when they promoted him and put him back stateside. Got fired, went down hill pretty fast and died within 10 years.

I truly hope you hang in there and get the life you want.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi everyone and thanks for replies, sorry ADVBIKE about your Dad, very sad. Gonna change, I get home every 90 days as per visa requirements and will be here for the next year or so to close out Oil/gas refinery project, so I have all the right conditions to stay clean. The last time I slipped was from a different job here, that I was sacked from, (being dry drunk I believe) when I went home I hit the bottle big-time, actually I didn't wait to get home I got pissed on plane with free liquor, my wife and family met me at airport, a sad sight to say the least. I am so disgusted when I think back now, especially for my children, This I pray will never happen again. Actually some people here brew their own liquor here and become alcoholics here too!! (even though its illegal) or just feed their disease. Day 11 and feeling good, think the vitamin B's and exercise helping a lot with brain fog, sleep still a bit dodgy and woke at 1.30 and 3.30am this morning, but hey that will fix in time. Home in less than 3 weeks to my beautiful family. Have a nice Day/Night where ever you are God Bless you.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi accepting Change, thanks for your comment, how you getting on?? It is a ******* slow process this recovery lark!! still having mild headaches, and wooly head, I don't take anything for them, but might take a panodaol/ today! Sleep not the best, for the last two night's I woke up twice around 1-1.30 am and again at 3.30 am, it kinda screws up your sleep for work next day. Well, I will struggle on and just hope I can beat my last record of 34 days Hope all well your side, take care.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Carlingford

I'm sorry to read of the enforces separation from your family. Drinking's obviously no solution tho..

I hope maybe we here at SR can help bridge the gap for you

D
Old 01-13-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi carlingford - I'm getting headaches also every night around the time I used to drink - very weird I didn't know this was going to be a side effect.

I hope you beat your record and just keep going. Sounds like you want to enjoy your family more.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:07 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Teebee, thanks for comment, yeah the headaches are a nuisance, I just try and ignore them and keep busy, I don't take pain killers as think it would upset natural balance of body in recovery, could be wrong but I just don't know so don't take,, never took in all my years anyway, well seldom. How many days are you clean, on day 12 or 13 now stopping counting now lol just let it happen, sleep is still an issue and think I know the answer, I take a large dinner every evening with a lot of carbs so tonite I will gut it right down to just a small portion minus the carbs and hopefully will get a good sleep tonight. In the morning I have a strange feeling probably cravings for a fix or something like sugar, I can feel like crawling in my head and my sinuses making ticking noises etc. anyway when home in 2 weeks I will see doc and get my bloods done, I don't know for what for and don't think my doc will either, I will google for a neurologist I think, please if anyone reading in can you tell me what a recovering alcoholic tests are needed, like to check all the vital organs etc. do I need a head scan MRI I think they call it and is it expensive as I must pay myself, any help greatly appreciated, now off for my no carb dinner and see will it help me sleep, bye for now, take care.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

If you tell your doctor your recovering I'm sure he/she will know what to test for. Me, for some reason I knew my liver was off. I hope I caught it in time. I'll know in a few months if my enzymes go back down. I'm praying and not drinking.

And I'm not sleeping either but sometimes a Tylenol PM helps. But I wish I could just not take anything but I can't function with no sleep.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:38 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Teebee View Post
If you tell your doctor your recovering I'm sure he/she will know what to test for. Me, for some reason I knew my liver was off. I hope I caught it in time. I'll know in a few months if my enzymes go back down. I'm praying and not drinking.

And I'm not sleeping either but sometimes a Tylenol PM helps. But I wish I could just not take anything but I can't function with no sleep.
Thanks Teebee and hope you caught liver in time, off for dinner now and actually I will go to Pharmacy tonite and see what they have, really need good sleep tonite as I have such a busy day tomorrow and its all letter writing and complex ones at that (legal) talk soon, take care