Notices

Inpatient Rehab Locations?

Old 01-10-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

Inpatient Rehab Locations?

So, I've been on and off the bandwagon for some time now and nothing seems to work. I've gone to group therapy last year at this time and it did work for some time but I went straight back to my addiction as if I never even went. Now, I'm in a hospital therapy group Monday thru Friday 8-noon and I do like this group a lot. I just don't feel like it's enough because I still have that freedom to go to my "favorite" liquor store. I can go days without drinking, and feel fine so I know I don't need detox but some places I've called won't accept my insurance unless I need detox, or they don't categorize me as needing inpatient. I don't mind traveling. This place I called in Florida said I would be able to live at their center for some time, get a job, and still seek outpatient treatment but I wouldn't be inpatient. That just confused me.

What I know I need is to go somewhere and dry out for at least 30 or more days. Don't some places help retrain your brain to stop the maddening routine to not drink? If anyone knows of any good places I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm so sick to my stomach over this disease, I just want my life back. But this is far bigger than I can handle.

Any ideas on places? Thank you.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is the list from the main page of Sober Recovery:

SoberRecovery : Directory Drug Addiction, Alcoholism and Mental Health Service Providers
Old 01-10-2015, 03:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Pine Grove Treatment

Have met many from all over the country that travel here.

Peace to you

Last edited by Dee74; 01-20-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

Thank you to the both of you. I will check these places out for sure. Thank you for the support.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

I have found (or my mother did) here in Indiana. Since they won't give her much details because I'm an adult I called themselves and they are looking to bring me in right away.

I just don't if can. Kind of nervous. Afraid. Angry. I don't want to lose a big chunk of my life, but I know it will be the best for me. The lady said over the phone I want it more than my mom wants me to. I just don't want to lose this job and apartment I have lined up, but I know I need help. It's just sometimes hard for me to ask for it.

The lady also said it needs to be my opinion and no one else. Is this the best decision for me?
Old 01-20-2015, 09:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

zana - you have to do whatever it is going to take to get you better.
This job and apt. you have lined up...you'll most likely end up losing them due to drinking in the long run anyways right?
If you have a chance to get in somewhere that is going to give you some time to just focus on sobriety and YOU - I think you know what you need to do
Old 01-20-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

There was a lot more to it that, and that's why it upsets me my private message didn't send to you. Grrr....

I know what I need to do. It's just going to be hard, and a be change and I hate the unexpected.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do this Zana
Old 01-20-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zanabanana View Post
There was a lot more to it that, and that's why it upsets me my private message didn't send to you. Grrr....

I know what I need to do. It's just going to be hard, and a be change and I hate the unexpected.
I hate when that happens
when you get a chance, send it again.
You can do this zana. Do it for yourself. You're so young, fix this crap now. Trust me when I say, I wish I had caught this early on. I'd have saved myself (and others) a lot of heartache.
*BEAR HUG*
Old 01-20-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This is where I went. Its a nice Southern Californian Rehab 30-90 days that will help you with all the things you mentioned in your post.

newmethodwellness

The owners genuinely care for the clients and will try and work with all insurance companies. Check it out. Just call em. Tell em Justin from Canada says hi!

Last edited by Dee74; 01-20-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Could I ask, if you have specific rehabs to recommend, that you send the links by PM.

Links to rehabs are not allowed in the forums, as they are generally commercial sites.

Zana - this is the national database of treatment facilities:
https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/

D
Old 01-20-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

Thank you both Jupiters and Justincredible and everyone else.

I contacted this one place in Evansville, Indiana. According to my mom, and myself, it sounds like a decent place. Only, I've gone a month or so without drinking so I know I don't need detox. HOWEVER, I need those coping skills to not crave for the addiction. No matter how many times I go through group therapy... it nearly feels like a trigger. Which, is probably why our counselor hardly EVER mentions triggers because us (and himself) hate the word and never wants to encourage it on us.

I'm going to figure out this inpatient place first and see where I qualify in their "program."
Old 01-20-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Could I ask, if you have specific rehabs to recommend, that you send the links by PM.

Links to rehabs are not allowed in the forums, as they are generally commercial sites.

Zana - this is the national database of treatment facilities:
https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/

D

Oh, sorry Dee! I apologize!
Old 01-20-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sorry about that Dee!
Old 01-20-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

No worries, Justincredible. I appreciate your help as well. I still have yet to hear from someone from Evansville. I know it's barely been a day but still.... impatient here. :/
Old 01-20-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

no worries everyone

best wishes Zanabanana

D
Old 01-20-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Look at your first post, and then your third. I didn't have the chance to unplug for awhile and really work on myself but that is what I truly needed. It seems you do have this option, take it. This is just my opinion, but the "big chunk of your life" is nothing compared to the HUGE chunk of your life if you don't correct this problem. The job and apartment will be there when you get well.

Get well my friend, and then work on a job and apartment. It is all waiting for you, and you have the opportunity, take it
Old 01-21-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Let Go, Let God

Thank you, Miki, for that. I appreciate it. I'm waiting to hear back from this place in Evansville. I answered all their questions, and now they are making sure they are placing me in the best program depending on what I need most.... and that's to stop drinking. I know the job and apartment will be here when I'm ready for them. I need to help myself first and foremost.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Post Trustworthy Adult-Focused Detox/Rehab

This is my first post; so I apologize if I am violating any rules. I appreciate this cite very much and all the messages of encouragement that are exchanged.

I have been drinking for about 10 years (very rarely socially in bars etc) but privately. "Stress management for dummies" My question is somewhat similar to zanabanana's. My goal is to find a detox and then longer term rehab facility (or maybe the combination). I am vodka only drinker and now try to limit myself to no more than two pints per day. I have not been successful at stopping for more than 10 days in over two years (as far as I recall).

I admitted myself on two different occasions during those last two years: one facility was a hospital-affiliated detox center and one was supposed to be a "luxury" detox and rehab facility in central Michigan. I am in the Chicago area but willing to travel.

My request for help here relates to the nature of the facility. I cannot make my request for help without sounding judgmental and I am sorry for that; I know an addict is an addict and I am definitely one. So, I am trying to find a facility that would be a bit more compatible with my age (48) and personality. I don't own a yachts and boats but I am not financially constrained for the purposes of getting well.

In the case of the hospital-detox facility what I experienced was a very confined space, one small rec room used for meals, group therapy and "relaxing." When group was not going, the television was constantly on loud and tuned to some horrible talk-show like program targeted to what I would say is less than educated people. The staff were well intention-ed but their constant talking and all the checking and checking out of patients made sleeping impossible. It was a double room and I was with a very nice but very loud snorer. Group therapy also seemed targeted at the early grammar school level. Many of my fellow patients were very nice people but they never stopped talking when in the rec room. I want to follow rules and I don't expect a picnic but what I want is a quiet place to read a book and that was impossible. I did no research in advance; I had gone on a binge and thought I should try help; nor had I had any past experience with anyone close to me in detox. Anyway, I found the experience so traumatizing I couldn't have created a better trigger for relapse if I wanted to.

My Michigan experience I blame on a very caring family member trying to help me who just got duped by one of the many "sales agents" I have come to understand rep for these places to find patients. I learned after being admitted that the Michigan facility was a start-up and I think the owners/investors really did want to create a luxury atmosphere but most of my fellow patients turned out to be court ordered, very troubled, etc. I think the facility was just trying to get some revenue flowing as it built a patience base. I don't think there was a single staff member who didn't smoke. My first day of detox included a 2 hour car ride each way to the psychiatrist's office in a car for which the staff had for some reason not had time to get the air conditioning fixed. And of course, the same loud never ending television.

So, I not only am looking for help finding a facility that may be more peaceful but I also have lost trust in what facilities may tell you. Any help with my request within the rules of the site would be very much appreciated. Sorry for the long post.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Turtle!! Great to have you onboard!!