Notices

Live or die

Old 01-10-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Live or die

I have been a member here since 2007..last posted in 2012, sober for 6 month and proud. was separated from my husband of 40 years..and the drinking was a factor.
Now divorced, and have a lovely new man in my life..and yes..drinking again to the point of supreme deceit and skullduggery..but my partner is not stupid..his ex wife was an alcoholic, so he knew the extent of deceit i was displaying.
Last night..he recorded me on his phone..ranting and ridiculous..he played it back to me this morning i do not want to lose my man..so am here now on Day one. Have stocked up on water..tomato Juice Nettle tea ..and Horlicks and am now detoxing. Will be coming here every day for your support.
And it is a case of Live or Die..because i would eventually kill myself..all alone..with an empty glass of wine in my hand. I am choosing to live..get this ruthless poison out of my system..and keep it out.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Hi whitehorses,

You had six months of sobriety once that means you can do it again. Stay focused and do whatever you need to do to get back on track.

Is rehab something you think you might need to consider?
Old 01-10-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

I agree rehab should be considered here

Nice to meet you