Need some positive thoughts

Old 01-10-2015, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need some positive thoughts

My husband's pain finally got bad enough that I could convince him to go to the hospital. They admitted him and they have to drain about 700 cc from his abdomen. I'm really starting to freak out that I have to do this whole parenting thing alone. I mean, if I'm their only provider than NOTHING can happen to me!! And how to afford daycare for my youngest?? My husband cared for the kids while I was at work. And my older son's school doesn't start until way after I leave for work? How is he going to get to school?? My husband has no life insurance (something I really regret) so if it was worst case scenario, I don't even have extra money to hire sitters or preschool or anything! At this moment, I'm in a blind panic and can't think. Someone say something to center me please!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You're future-tripping, here. He doesn't even have a diagnosis yet.

My second husband had liver/kidney failure after an abrupt alcohol withdrawal and had to have more than 10 times that much fluid drained--plus he looked like he had been painted with yellow food coloring. And after all that, when he finally had a liver biopsy, he was found to have EARLY cirrhosis, and if he quit drinking, he would be fine. Sadly, he went back to drinking, but it's been almost 20 years and he's still alive (don't ask me how).

My point is that he may have some liver damage, but not necessarily anything that will kill him or even shorten his life significantly. He may take this as a serious wakeup call and decide to quit drinking. Anything could happen. I know many alcoholics who have recovered after a serious health scare.

And even if the worst happens, things have a way of working out. Once you have more information, you can address whatever immediate problem presents itself--WHEN it presents itself. None of those things you are worrying about right now may ever come to pass. And if they do, remember that tons of people manage single parenthood. And many of them are no more wealthy or brilliant than you.

Hugs--and if you aren't already going to Al-Anon, now might be a great time to start. It was a lifeline for me when my partner was in the midst of his health crisis.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're right Lexie. I just needed to hear it. I normally am not someone that panics but Ive been waking up all last night and you n ow what they say about 3 am not being your friend. Thanks!
Old 01-10-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending prayers and good wishes for you and your family.

One moment at a time. Breath deeply.

Reading parts of this book has helped me in those late night what-if wonderings.

The Heart of Abundance: A Simple Guide to Appreciating and Enjoying Life:Amazon:Kindle Store