Notices

Day one...Again

Old 01-10-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day one...Again

Hi...I'm starting over...again. Not new to sobriety but having a hard time. Ive been on this site before but never posted. Looking for support
Old 01-10-2015, 07:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Lovehoops, you'll get plenty of support here. Where do you usually stumble? Is it cravings? or convincing yourself you'll just stop at one?
Old 01-10-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome! Glad that you are here.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you're posting here it means you're still fighting the good fight. Stick around to read and post.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad to have you here. It took me many attempts to quit.
You'll find lot's of support here.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I got sober 10 years ago with the help of AA. I stayed there 5 years then maintained it another 1 1/2 years on my own. I've been stumbling back and forth for the past 3 1/2 years and have been back to daily drin king..UGH...need to stop
Old 01-10-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome. We're so glad you're back & have let us know you're here - it's a big step but one you won't regret.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by lovehoops View Post
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I got sober 10 years ago with the help of AA. I stayed there 5 years then maintained it another 1 1/2 years on my own. I've been stumbling back and forth for the past 3 1/2 years and have been back to daily drin king..UGH...need to stop
Welcome Lovehoops! Do you think you'll go back to AA? If it worked for 5 years something must have been right. Going back "on my own" eventually turned into drinking too, even though I was using a different method. SR can be a great support resource in itself or as a supplement to AA ( or any other method ). Hope you can stick around and congrats on your decision to get sober again.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, Lovehoops!

I hope that you find your way, and please know we are here to support you.

Will you go back to AA or are you going to try something different?
Old 01-10-2015, 08:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi loops.

I've been where you are a few times now. Get up and develop a plan of action. And start doing it. Everyday.

SR is here to help if you use it.

Wishing you well. In the end it is up to US to stop and remain stopped.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome, lovehoops, to SR. There is plenty of support here.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi all..and thank you again for your wishes. I KNOW that I have to stop. I feel physically awful (and look pretty crappy too). I am a teacher and mom of 3 teenagers. My husband runs a business which is struggling bc of the economy. I have been putting him thru hell. Besides financial stress, he worries what he will find me like. I "think" i'm hiding it but i'm not!

Last night was awful....I decided to drink after work then show up at my son's HS basketball game..DISASTER..My daughter and husband knew right away. He wouldn't sit with me and she was completely embarrassed. He dragged me out of the gym as soon as it was over and drove my car home. What made it worse...my son had his best game ever, scoring 23 points. The team carried him on their shoulders at the end and everyone cheered for him. I was too drunk to really follow the game and not their to celebrate...nor was my husband. I'm crying while I write this. My son doesn't know why we left. Was i serious in thinking I could get away with hit?nHow willI ever face those parents again?

I am looking into counseling and plan on sticking with you guys. My AA experience, though it worked, was not very positive...
Old 01-10-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome lover hoops! You can do it again! SR is wonderful and really keeps you supported.
Hugs! Know how you are feeling.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober Soldier

Hi lovehoops you've come to the right place. Tons of support and motivation. Pick yourself up and keep trying you can beat this!
Old 01-10-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I actually find myself thinking "was my life really better when i was sober?" of course it was and I need to remember that. I can talk myself into drinking for any reason...my kids talk back, my husbands cranky, i hate my boss WAH WAH WAH. I have so much to be grateful for AND my husband and daughter actually are forgiving me today. They keep saying "Just get better bc we love you" I have to keep reminding myself of that.

I just feel so bad about acting like a jerk..I have to just remember one day at a time