Notices

Drunk Shopping

Old 01-09-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drunk Shopping

I know we all do things that we regret and things we forget while drinking but have any of you ever went online shopping while drunk? This seems to be my worst habit when drinking. One day I had a $1200.00 set of Stormtrooper armor show up at my doorstep and I never remembered purchasing it. My wife was none to pleased. EBAY seemed to draw me in when I was throwing back the booze. It was like a nightmare Christmas every week. Anyone else have a funny drunk purchases?
Old 01-09-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ha. Not me but a friend of mine used to have the same problem with Amazon. He would order cases of dried food while drunk and hungry and surprised when they arrived.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Whoa! Quite impressive
I did that a lot too but I think my worst was 150 dollar concert tickets for a concert I couldn't go to because of work and other obligations. My drunk self thought I could just figure it out when the date came. Not.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My drunk online shopping thing was buying music on iTunes. I'd go onto Pitchfork and not even really care about reading the review or what kind of album it was. If it had a high rating I'd switch over to iTunes and buy it. I'd kind of go on a spree and buy 5 to 8 albums. Truth be told, it didn't happen that often; and I don't know if a spree ever went over CDN $100. The one good thing about it is that I didn't really listen to any of the music, so now that I'm sober I'm having a fun time slowly going through it and discovering the music.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

haha, thats funny. If you don't want the armour I would be happy to take it off your hands. Stromtrooper armour. Totally cool. A bit expensive though.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I didn't shop, but I gave a lot of money to animal rescue sites. I'd think...it's only $30, but $30 here and another $30 there, and then another $30 somewhere else would certainly add up.

I'm a sucker for animals and wildlife.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
I didn't shop, but I gave a lot of money to animal rescue sites. I'd think...it's only $30, but $30 here and another $30 there, and then another $30 somewhere else would certainly add up.

I'm a sucker for animals and wildlife.
I have done literally the same thing before. I too am a sucker for the animals.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have bought whole vacation packages, flights and all while in a drunken stupor. Next morning I woke up and saw email confirmations in my inbox. Otherwise, I had no recollection. My girlfriend at the time was ecstatic but it was all on MasterCard and I couldn't cancel. No wonder I drank my way into bankruptcy.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah, I booked a vacation online while drunk. But I have to say I really enjoyed the trip!
Old 01-09-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am still enjoying the Stormtrooper armor in my man cave on a mannequin
Old 01-09-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I bought a $1,000 area rug from a tourist shop in China Town, San Francisco and had it shipped back down to Orange County. I actually remember being in the store and making the purchase though! I also bought a couple of cool crystal cable car figurines. The rug is actually quite nice...I still have it and the cable car. (one of them I gave away)!

I made this trip to the store in the am (already drunk) before my flight back to OC...I had chipped one of my front veneers the day before when I fell down on some pavement! That was another $1,000 dollar purchase to get it fixed!
Old 01-10-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Not funny but funny! Storm Trooper armor! Thanks for the laugh!
Old 01-10-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The only thing I bought when drunk was more booze. Kind of single-minded about the drinking thing.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

SJ I love this post ! It made me smile and laugh! I luckily have stayed clear of eBay lately bc I would do the same. Get into a bidding war and have a purse show up I had no recollection of buying! Ugh! Most recently it was amazon and donating to causes. And being on fb when NOT A GOOD IDEA.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I bought a vintage swatch watch for $200. Its the ugliest watch I've ever seen and guess what it doesn't even work. I had no clue i even bought it until it showed up in the mail.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

My Drunk shopping was always Dominoes..I once ordered 3 large pizza's with no sauce and no cheese for the entire family... It was like $30 out the door for bread and one relatively perturbed family..
Old 01-10-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

1000 set of tires and wheels for my 71 hearse. My old tires were a month old.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

About $500 worth of vintage beer signs, a neon one, light up ones a clock, etc. off of eBay no clue until the boxes started showing up. Lol kept them all too since is a laughable reminder of something I did drunk as most things I did drunk weren't laughable.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Several years back while drinking in a bar with friends I commented on milestone birthday coming up.

They proded me to do something cool - take a trip!
As my wife's same milestone was near mine I wrapped my brain around the idea.

Jamaica !!!

Booked exclusive hotel - first class flights before I left the bar. Bought a bottle of rum on way home from bar to celebrate and tell my wife!!

It was a great trip, and had thought sometime I'd like to go, but wow......slightly impulsive to say the least!

Was not the first nor last booze infused travel plans - ending up somewhere within a few days of the random insane thought popping in my head.

Delta called me since sobriety checking to see if I was still alive - hadn't heard from me in awhile

I did end up with a flow bee I bought off the TV one night - I am bald.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

No sauce and no cheese pizza is pretty funny...your family must have been pretty irritated with you, nofearnobeer.
I never did anything terrible online shopping. ..but I was always afraid that I would.