Notices

So this guy walks into Walmart........

Old 01-09-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So this guy walks into Walmart........

Last Friday as my mom was working back in the fitting room at Walmart, a young man and woman approached her. The man said "Hi, my name is Jacob, I see there is pain on your face tonight." My mom replied, " Yes my daughter is an alcoholic and very depressed. She has been left with five young children as their Father is very ill with a progressive disease." He then asked if he could pray for her and they began to pray right there in Walmart.

TWO days later I was on my face asking God to take this from me!!!! I've been sober 6 days and what's amazing to me is I have ZERO desire to drink!!!! I believe that man was an Angel sent by God. Out of all the people in Walmart and he approaches MY MOM! And it was that night last Friday I was contemplating Suicide. I just encourage those who are struggling to reach out to God in humility. He IS there and HE cares. Even if your faith has been shipwrecked like mine had, God is bigger! I lost my soulmate to a terrible disease that ripped him of all he is. A brilliant mind and a wonderful soul. We had seventeen years of marital bliss and five children out of our union. Five children we didn't think we could even have due to medical issues. It's very painful to lose your best friend and that's why after 12 years of sobriety I began to drink. I couldn't deal with losing my soulmate. And so my Faith was shattered but God has got ahold of me and telling me he's still involved in my life and he cares. My children are all healthy and happy and I'm so very blessed. I will be sober a week tomorrow and I feel so grateful for that AND GOD BLESS THAT MAN WHO WALKED INTO WALMART LAST FRIDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow! That's amazing! I wish God would take away MY cravings. I have asked but they are still there. :-(

Im so sorry about your husband. :-( He would be proud of you! If you don't mind me asking, have you ever attended AA?

Thanks for giving me hope today. :-)
Old 01-09-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a beautiful post, Standing.

Hugs and love to you and your family.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

Keep asking Serenidad ♡ I do everyday and I'll keep dOing it until the spirit of the universe decides I've had enough. I believe this is part of my journey and if it were easy then I wouldn't be able to help another person suffering in the future. ♡
Old 01-09-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serenidad View Post
Wow! That's amazing! I wish God would take away MY cravings. I have asked but they are still there. :-( Im so sorry about your husband. :-( He would be proud of you! If you don't mind me asking, have you ever attended AA? Thanks for giving me hope today. :-)
Thank you!! I encourage you to keep asking and keep pressing on it will come! I have had so many starts and stops for a whole year now and even while in IOP this summer I relapsed so many times because of the cravings. I understand how awful they are. Yes, I've been to AA. My last one was probably in Oct. I am planning on going but I'm a busyom of five so it gets hard to do sometimes. Blessings to you as you walk the sober path!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Standing,

I'm glad that you posted and I do hope that you find some peace in your life.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing this painful part of your life...I can tell you are a very strong person..I wholeheartedly agree that firmly holding onto your faith and giving everything to him to handle can make us all stronger and can bring peace into our lives...Way to go on one week. You're children deserve and awesome caring mother like you...
Old 01-09-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I want you all to know that I never knew this happened Last Friday night until my mom and I caught up for lunch on Tuesday . I told her I had been Sober for three days. Her eyes got big and that's when she told me what happened last Friday night! I'm still in Awe!
Old 01-09-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am in awe, too! Glory to God!
Old 01-09-2015, 10:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

This story is awesome !!

Reminds me of the night i said i was alcoholic i was taken to hospital because i couldnt stop vomiting blood

In the ambulance i was talking to a paramedic the memory is so hazy i dont remember much

Anyway i got a call when i left the hospital it was the paramedic he apoligised for taking my details but said he wanted to help he started telling me things i told him that night he saw my physical scars and said i was in pain and drinking isnt the answer he asked over the phone can we pray i said sure why not

i listened as this guy prayed for me it was moving ...

he said can he stay in touch ? i said yes of course for some reason i just knew this guy for whatever reason wanted to help me he was my first contact in my earliest sobriety

the phonecalls continued even through my relapses (took me 3 months to get sober) he sent me a brand new bible that i still read

this guy basically put his job on the line to take a chance with me and il never forget it

he always says jesus put him in my way that night and i should thank jesus so i did and i meant it as well

im welling up a bit here as im still in touch with this person and altho we dont speak as much as we once did i put a lot of thanks to this person on the night i said im alcoholic

Standing i have always believed in god disconnected but always knew he was there

and since getting sober my faith strenghtens daily i see instances everywhere

im not a church man but i have my faith i dont talk about it often but this story struck a harmonious chord with me

Thanks Standing your awesome
Old 01-09-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How cool!
Old 01-09-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
This story is awesome !!

Reminds me of the night i said i was alcoholic i was taken to hospital because i couldnt stop vomiting blood

In the ambulance i was talking to a paramedic the memory is so hazy i dont remember much

Anyway i got a call when i left the hospital it was the paramedic he apoligised for taking my details but said he wanted to help he started telling me things i told him that night he saw my physical scars and said i was in pain and drinking isnt the answer he asked over the phone can we pray i said sure why not

i listened as this guy prayed for me it was moving ...

he said can he stay in touch ? i said yes of course for some reason i just knew this guy for whatever reason wanted to help me he was my first contact in my earliest sobriety

the phonecalls continued even through my relapses (took me 3 months to get sober) he sent me a brand new bible that i still read

this guy basically put his job on the line to take a chance with me and il never forget it

he always says jesus put him in my way that night and i should thank jesus so i did and i meant it as well

im welling up a bit here as im still in touch with this person and altho we dont speak as much as we once did i put a lot of thanks to this person on the night i said im alcoholic

Standing i have always believed in god disconnected but always knew he was there

and since getting sober my faith strenghtens daily i see instances everywhere

im not a church man but i have my faith i dont talk about it often but this story struck a harmonious chord with me

Thanks Standing your awesome
What a great human being - that man who reached out to SW, who now reaches out to us.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

This is beautiful. May you be blessed.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
This story is awesome !! Reminds me of the night i said i was alcoholic i was taken to hospital because i couldnt stop vomiting blood In the ambulance i was talking to a paramedic the memory is so hazy i dont remember much Anyway i got a call when i left the hospital it was the paramedic he apoligised for taking my details but said he wanted to help he started telling me things i told him that night he saw my physical scars and said i was in pain and drinking isnt the answer he asked over the phone can we pray i said sure why not i listened as this guy prayed for me it was moving ... he said can he stay in touch ? i said yes of course for some reason i just knew this guy for whatever reason wanted to help me he was my first contact in my earliest sobriety the phonecalls continued even through my relapses (took me 3 months to get sober) he sent me a brand new bible that i still read this guy basically put his job on the line to take a chance with me and il never forget it he always says jesus put him in my way that night and i should thank jesus so i did and i meant it as well im welling up a bit here as im still in touch with this person and altho we dont speak as much as we once did i put a lot of thanks to this person on the night i said im alcoholic Standing i have always believed in god disconnected but always knew he was there and since getting sober my faith strenghtens daily i see instances everywhere im not a church man but i have my faith i dont talk about it often but this story struck a harmonious chord with me Thanks Standing your awesome
WOW!!!! I love stories like that where you can actually see God's hand at work!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your story with me, Soberwolf!! It is truly inspiring!!........Hugs, Standing:-)
Old 01-09-2015, 12:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So inspirational! xx
Old 01-09-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you for this wonderful, inspiring account!!!
Old 01-09-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Awesome news Standing

And Mr Wolf, you sly old thing, never heard you talk about this before.

Inspirational stuff. Woohoo.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Love hearing this! Blessings to you and yours!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you, God, for sending out your angels! I am so grateful to have Standing and Wolf in my life!