Notices

15 Days Sober

Old 01-09-2015, 02:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

15 Days Sober

Good Morning chums, from a very very wild & windy NE of Scotland.....

Thought I'd do a wee update.

I'm 15 days sober today ..... yah, never thought I'd get this far ....

Feeling pretty good. Getting a few hours decent sleep at night but still getting some weird & wonderful dreams though, skin is starting to clear up and the anxiety is settling down a bit.
Still no weight loss though but I'm not really too worried, I'll get to that eventually.
Have started running again - only been out twice in the past 2 weeks as it's been too icey.

I'm 100 times a better mum to my 2 kids .... and I feel I want to be involved with them and what they're doing ... (instead of looking for the red wine) ....

Hubby & I are amazed at how much money we've saved in the past 2 weeks. Hubby liked a red wine aswell - but he could have 2 small glasses & put the cork back in the bottle .... (I'd have to finish it - then have another bottle).

Got all my blood work results back yesterday - everything came back normal.
I was in tears when I spoke to the Dr - I felt I'd been given another chance and it wasn't too late to change my life. I'm not going to mess it up again - next time, I might not be so lucky !!

I have my apt for the Alcohol Advisory Service Support Group next week - a bit apprehensive - but looking forward to it aswell......

Hang in there everyone - we can do this.

xxxxx
Old 01-09-2015, 02:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey I'm used to work I aberdeen driver for grampian transport 60 I am onl 4 days sober wishing you all the best.believe me these 4 days are the only ones in years I have not woke up o dehydrated and feelin crappy
Old 01-09-2015, 04:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done on 4 days grampa
Not waking up with a hangover is a great feeling.
We're just North of Aberdeen.
Best wishes to you also.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 15 days! Keep building on this solid foundation!
Old 01-09-2015, 04:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome news about the bloodtests Shenzy T and well done on over 2 weeks sober

Exellent
Old 01-09-2015, 04:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ShenzyT View Post
Good Morning chums, from a very very wild & windy NE of Scotland.....

Thought I'd do a wee update.

I'm 15 days sober today ..... yah, never thought I'd get this far ....

Feeling pretty good. Getting a few hours decent sleep at night but still getting some weird & wonderful dreams though, skin is starting to clear up and the anxiety is settling down a bit.
Still no weight loss though but I'm not really too worried, I'll get to that eventually.
Have started running again - only been out twice in the past 2 weeks as it's been too icey.

I'm 100 times a better mum to my 2 kids .... and I feel I want to be involved with them and what they're doing ... (instead of looking for the red wine) ....

Hubby & I are amazed at how much money we've saved in the past 2 weeks. Hubby liked a red wine aswell - but he could have 2 small glasses & put the cork back in the bottle .... (I'd have to finish it - then have another bottle).

Got all my blood work results back yesterday - everything came back normal.
I was in tears when I spoke to the Dr - I felt I'd been given another chance and it wasn't too late to change my life. I'm not going to mess it up again - next time, I might not be so lucky !!

I have my apt for the Alcohol Advisory Service Support Group next week - a bit apprehensive - but looking forward to it aswell......

Hang in there everyone - we can do this.

xxxxx
Well done on 15 days Shenzy! I felt like I'd been given a second chance so wanted to grab it with both hands! You can do this.

Your support group will be a great help. I got some addiction counselling too and that helped so much.

The west of Scotland is the same! Its blowing a gale!

Well done again.

Leigh x