Notices

GUYS This Is No Longer Funny

Old 01-08-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Exclamation GUYS This Is No Longer Funny

We have chased 4, yes 4 guys, out of the Women's Forum - 3 today, 1 yesterday. This is not okay and there are no more excuses. Stay Out.

This is at the top of the Women's Forum, written by a previous Admin. Please read it and take it to heart.

Here at SR we have a Woman's Only Forum, and a Men's Only Forum. Each Forum is clearly marked, on the Index/Menu page stating the fact that each Forum is for Men or Women only!

We even bothered to put up little Stop Sign pictures. I'm not sure what else to do, so I'm going to try this in the mean time.

If you are of the opposite sex of the Forum your posting in, your post will get removed. Period.

If you must look into a forum you don't belong in, please do not post, and especially, do not admit you know you are doing wrong. That only creates hard feelings, and makes people mad. There's a reason these two forums are labeled, Men or Women ONLY.

Now, here's a very simple solution to the problem. If you really feel a need to peek into a forum you shouldn't be in, and you see a post you want to reply to, rather than posting, Send a PRIVATE MESSAGE to the person you want to speak to, and hope they don't get angry for the intrusion.

As I stated; if you're a man and you post in the Womens Forum, or if you're a woman and you post in the Mens Forum, your post will be removed as soon as it's found, regardless of what it says, what it's about, or it's intention.

If you do it a second time, you'll be blocked from even viewing the forum. Please respect the feelings of others, and the Forums rules.

Thanks.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober Member

Hang on a minutes Anna, theres a Women's only forum. I am intrigued, whats going on in there you don't want men to know about ?

(JUST KIDDING).
Old 01-08-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's the whole point. You're not supposed to know.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really want everyone to take this seriously too.

Everyone can make a mistake - I've posted in the Women's Room before - but like Anna says it's been getting a little too regular in the womens room lately.

I think it's important to respect the needs of our fellow members to have a safe place to share

Just watch where you're posting

D
Old 01-08-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I seem to be guilty as charged. I did a search and I have done it twice. Before I am beaten like a red headed stepchild let me tell you how it happens. I use the "New post" button almost exclusively. I peruse the post paying absolutely no attention to the forum they originated in mostly because the right hand of my screen is chopped off and that is where the forum info is. I comments on one's I think I can add something to and seeing I have only done it twice must mean women's issues are not my thing.

IMHO It should be a little more obvious what forum you are posting to.

If I have offended anyone I apologize and it was completely unintentional
Old 01-08-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
I seem to be guilty as charged. I did a search and I have done it twice. Before I am beaten like a red headed stepchild let me tell you how it happens. I use the "New post" button almost exclusively. I peruse the post paying absolutely no attention to the forum they originated in mostly because the right hand of my screen is chopped off and that is where the forum info is. I comments on one's I think I can add something to and seeing I have only done it twice must mean women's issues are not my thing.
I do the same thing...use the "New Posts" button. I have been guilty in the past of posting in the Men's Room but it was purely unintentional. I got called on it two or three times and finally, was blocked from that forum. That's fine with me because I never meant to post there in the first place.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Magsie

I did it in the men's, totally by mistake. Looked at new posts and there was a discussion about music. Which I added my two pennath too, a while ago, which I apologised for. I always have a quick look at the top of the page now to ensure I'm not somewhere I shouldn't be.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Theoretically, I can see how this happens. Perhaps a man hit new posts and say a thread where another man had just posted. The first man then - hypothetically - quotes the other man as the first man believes the post highly inflammatory. A simple gif is left with the quote as the first mans input/reply.

Not saying this happened , but I could see where an over enthusiastic newcomer might do this. Of course realizing his mistake, regardless of his good intentions - he PM's a female friend he may have offended.

I would think this unlikely - in theory - that this member would repeat the mistake. He probably will indeed make other errors in judgement from time to time probably - but not this one again.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
I do the same thing...use the "New Posts" button. I have been guilty in the past of posting in the Men's Room but it was purely unintentional. I got called on it two or three times and finally, was blocked from that forum. That's fine with me because I never meant to post there in the first place.
Banned, That is really funny. You are bad one
Old 01-08-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

LOL! I'm a bad one, alright.

Actually it's not bad at all. The Men's Room doesn't even show up on a search of the forums for me. As I said, I never intentionally posted there anyway, so now I don't have to worry about it.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Actually I would like to be banned so I can't make the mistake. Dee or Anna can you help me out?
Old 01-08-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thats given me an idea

Could they make the room avalivble according to your gender basically if your male you cant see or get in

and vice versa for females with the mens room

?
Old 01-08-2015, 05:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Thats given me an idea

Could they make the room avalivble according to your gender basically if your male you cant see or get in

and vice versa for females with the mens room

?
Thanks SW - not everyone puts their gender on their profile, or enters it correctly, though.

It would be a lot of work too

We'd much rather everyone just exercise personal responsibility & take a little more care - even those working on mobile phones etc must know which forum they're in or pretty quickly work it out?

D
Old 01-08-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I made this mistake once also, posted in the Men's Room, the same way described above: not paying attention where the thread was. Also in other forums I would not normally want to venture into simply because I don't think I have sufficient amount of personal experience to get into decent discussions. But I also normally just check what's going on on the boards using the New Posts button, or My Posts, to follow up on previous interactions. Simply because it's simplest and fastest

After making those mistakes in the past, I just got myself to exercise a bit more attention to get into a habit of looking at the location of the thread. I honestly don't think many people do this with the intention of making a joke. We just need to remember a few times and it becomes habitual. We are great at developing habits after all, don't we?
Old 01-08-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry D i thought itd be a good way of stopping it

i understand thank you

When im out and about on my mobile i can see the whole site no problems and its a old mobile non adroid
Old 01-08-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Okay, let me explain my strong feelings.

The Women's Forum has had ups and downs over the years. We've worked hard to get the forum to be a safe haven for our female members. Now, it's a place where they can discuss issues they do not want on the general forum. I am thrilled with the way the Women's Forum is working now. We have an amazing group of women who are strong and who support each other on an almost daily basis. We are giving women a chance to speak about things they may have never said to anyone in their lives. We are giving them space to write their feelings and work through their problems. And, let me tell you, I am going to do whatever I can to keep the forum safe and secure for the women.

I understand people make mistakes. I also understand people can take an extra moment to check the name of the forum in which they are posting. It only takes a quick glance.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good idea sober wolf...why not block that Forum according to the gender you admit you are when you signed up as a member of SR? That way, woman can't have access or "accidentally" post to the men's Forum and men can't have access or "accidentally" post to the woman's Forum??
I'm not sure what happened, but it sounds like someone was insensitive, mean or cruel?
I personally am not addicted to Suboxone/or methadone, but I post there anyway, but that
Forum doesn't say "only" addicts addicted to...
I've never looked in the "men" only room, have no care to and now us "woman" won't have a desire to.
TF
Old 01-08-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Twofish View Post
why not block that Forum according to the gender you admit you are when you signed up as a member of SR? That way, woman can't have access or "accidentally" post to the men's Forum and men can't have access or "accidentally" post to the woman's Forum??
As we said, we will not do this. People do not always tell the truth and anyone could specify any gender. We have no way to know. Plus, some people do not fill in the gender question.

Really, it's simply personal responsibility.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Thanks SW - not everyone puts their gender on their profile, or enters it correctly, though.

It would be a lot of work too

We'd much rather everyone just exercise personal responsibility & take a little more care - even those working on mobile phones etc must know which forum they're in or pretty quickly work it out?

D
Pretty much what Dee said....

I know many people do post by mistake when browsing through "New Posts", but I've learned a really quick way to check before I even click on the thread title. On the right hand side is a column listing the forum in which that thread is found. Easy Peasy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
threadforum.jpg (65.4 KB, 167 views)
Old 01-08-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Oh Dee, I'm sorry...I just saw your post and I get it about honesty and simple human error when signing up to SR. I remember the day I joined, I barley knew my own name due to my world crashing down around me.
This is all Sukis fault ( just kidding Suki)
TF