Notices

Day 3

Old 01-08-2015, 03:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

And i'm not really sure how I feel. I'm still very groggy and tired but I am starting to feel more positive and less jittery and edgy. I'm trying to eat as clean as I can to detox my body a little bit and have my first hike of 2015 planned for Saturday with my walking group. I'm really trying to take it day by day but I can't help but look at the future without alcohol and wince. I know that I will start to feel a bit more positive as the days pass but at the moment it's a drag.

How is everyone else doing? x
Old 01-08-2015, 03:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is good to see you around again, ML! The walk will do you good, I'm sure.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's difficult to imagine our lives without alcohol when it has been one of the pillars of our existence. After some sober time, looking at my past with alcohol makes me wince. The shame the pain, the lost time. I don't want that in my future.

Eating well is great for your body. Congrats on day 3!
Old 01-08-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BernieE View Post
It's difficult to imagine our lives without alcohol when it has been one of the pillars of our existence. After some sober time, looking at my past with alcohol makes me wince. The shame the pain, the lost time. I don't want that in my future.

Eating well is great for your body. Congrats on day 3!
^^^^ What Bernie said.

Welcome back, ml.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Il second Bernie's comment with leigh

Well done on day 3 messyliver take it by the day dont think too far ahead just what we have now
Old 01-08-2015, 05:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's my plan. Literally day by day, hour by hour. Me and my mates are on a budget for the month so have planned to stay in more and cook and watch films which I think would help a lot. One huge problem for me is my brother's wedding in august and it doesn't matter how much I try to think about NOW, NOW, NOW, I can't get that day out of my head and wonder how on earth I would get through it without wine.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Really work on building your sober muscles - formulate and implement a rock solid plan; stay close to SR - read, post, reply; get to know your AV and your triggers and how to respond in a healthy way - and you will be ready for your brother's wedding. You have time to formulate a plan for that day, too - consider taking a sober date with you; plan on spending your time on the dance floor instead at the bar; volunteer to take care of that disabled great aunt or grandparent during the day.

Keep living and practicing your sobriety for the next eight months - you will be ready.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 3!! Keep pushing through, it gets better!!
Old 01-08-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I will offer only this: What you are doing is probably the most positive, beneficial thing you will ever do for yourself. Know that. Believe that. Embrace that.

For me, no matter how bad the cravings got, how tempted I was to have "just one or two", it was my recognition of the importance of my goal that helped keep me sober - for going on 17 months now.

We are here for you, pulling for you. Stay strong.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I will offer only this: What you are doing is probably the most positive, beneficial thing you will ever do for yourself. Know that. Believe that. Embrace that.

For me, no matter how bad the cravings got, how tempted I was to have "just one or two", it was my recognition of the importance of my goal that helped keep me sober - for going on 17 months now.

We are here for you, pulling for you. Stay strong.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day three is tough for most of us I think messyliver - I hope tomorrow will be a little better

D
Old 01-08-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
leb

Hi there,
I'm finding it easier if I don't think about forever. I'm trying to go more for the 'Wow I'm feeling better today" and not going ahead. Usually I'm a person who has to be vigilant and plan every aspect of my future so that I won't be caught hopping! Whenever I start panicking about the future and the voices start, I just keep saying "Wow I feel better today" and force myself to smile, until they shut up