Notices

Day one

Old 01-07-2015, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day one

So today I have just passed 24 hours of no alcohol after daily alcohol use and abuse for years. I feel some withdrawal shaking, sweats, nausea, stomach pain and am scared it's going to get worse, but maybe I'll be lucky. I am able to move around and eat a little I have been drinking for about 5 years. It started later in college binge drinking on weekends but a couple months and it became most days. it was 3 or 4 drinks on weeknights and 6 to 8 on weekends in addition to abusing weed and coke. That went on for two years being with an abusive boyfriend didn't help. I started grad school and initially drank less and l stopped doing coke and weed but kept drinking most of the week. I graduated started working and slowed down the drinking to 3 drinks several times a week and occasional binge on the weekend. The last two years continued to get worse. It started 4 drinks a day and some weekends more but this past year I probably drink 4 to 6 drinks a night and 8 on weekends. This past 2 weeks I've been on a binge drinking 8 to 10 drinks a day. I woke up yesterday and reevaluated my life and this is not what I want. I am not happy and I'm making myself sick and killing myself slowly or at this point not so slowly. I need help and I called my old therapist since I have a long history of depression and anxiety and my mom is supportive and will take care of me for the next few days. I haven't spoken to my boyfriend yet but he know I have a problem with alcohol and I'm desperately hoping he will be supportive. Sorry it was long winded but I needed to put it out there and be encouraged everyday is a new day to chose to be happy and sober.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Baerle youl find tons of support & advice here

Nice to meet you
Old 01-07-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey! Good decision, you will get encouragement here thats for sure. We've all been there.

Drinking with depression is a really bad idea as they both feed off each other, perhaps you already know this but it took me a long time to see it.

Welcome
Old 01-07-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, baerie, to SR. You will find support, encouragement and understanding here. Best of all, SR is 24/7/365; there is always someone here who cares and who truly wants to see you succeed.

Have a look around the site; there is a wealth of information on alcoholism and addiction.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome! I've been drinking hard liquor everyday for the past four years. Have a history of depression too. I'm on day four and feeling so much better about life. Alcohol was bringing me down to the point of wanting to exist this earth and with one near death attempt when I was a teen, I knew I could do it. Alcohol has no place in my life. It's a thief and a destroyer. I'm so glad you're here with us! Again,welcome! You can do it!!!!!
Old 01-07-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Baerle!!
Old 01-07-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Baerle. We're here for you. Post often and let us know how your doing.

DD
Old 01-07-2015, 11:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Welcome to the family, Baerle

You've made the right choice.

Glad to have you with us .
Old 01-07-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! There is a lot of experience and wisdom here, make good use of it.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome - it's great to meet you baerle. I think it will really help you to be part of us. You never have to be alone.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
For Grace

I had a very similar escalation ... what started out as fun and somewhat innocent turned into a not fun at all requirement. Every decision I made revolved around access to alcohol. I am at the end of week one so we are in the same boat ... glad to have you on board! I am getting better at posting now that I've slept for a week ... keep posting!