Step outside yourself

Old 01-07-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Step outside yourself

It’s amazing what spending time by yourself will do for you. The choice to step outside of a situation to rediscover who you are as a person is vitally important to your mind, soul and general wellbeing. It allows you to not only re-build your self-esteem from a broken relationship, but forces you to look outside of a situation, and look at it from an entirely different perspective.
I was married for over 25 years before I left my AH. A short 9 months later, I became a codie again to my EX ABF. Boy, talk about coming full circle! I stayed with him on and off for almost one year! But I LEFT a long while ago, and I am not looking back!
Bottom line – “if I had known then, what I know now”, with both of those relationships, my life would not have been wasted feeling the need to feel loved…because I have found now, that loving YOURSELF first, is what is of utmost importance. Being happing is truly an inside job.
My wish is that others don’t waste your life on those who want to change, but simply can’t.
I have goals (not resolutions) for 2015; goals that will inspire me to be the best person I can be for myself, not for someone else.
I encourage anyone who is still dealing with an addict and still not getting anywhere, to step outside the box. In 2015, you have the chance to become alive, to fill your soul with all good things, to embrace the strength you never knew you had within you! You are special, strong and priceless! There is too much life to live, please start living it for you. Trust me, it’s worth it!
Much love, happiness and PEACE to all in this New Year!
Old 01-07-2015, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HBT, I can't tell you how happy this update makes me. Thank you so much.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you needed this.. statement of thoughts and fact...

Originally Posted by horriblethisis View Post
It’s amazing what spending time by yourself will do for you. The choice to step outside of a situation to rediscover who you are as a person is vitally important to your mind, soul and general wellbeing. It allows you to not only re-build your self-esteem from a broken relationship, but forces you to look outside of a situation, and look at it from an entirely different perspective.
I was married for over 25 years before I left my AH. A short 9 months later, I became a codie again to my EX ABF. Boy, talk about coming full circle! I stayed with him on and off for almost one year! But I LEFT a long while ago, and I am not looking back!
Bottom line – “if I had known then, what I know now”, with both of those relationships, my life would not have been wasted feeling the need to feel loved…because I have found now, that loving YOURSELF first, is what is of utmost importance. Being happing is truly an inside job.
My wish is that others don’t waste your life on those who want to change, but simply can’t.
I have goals (not resolutions) for 2015; goals that will inspire me to be the best person I can be for myself, not for someone else.
I encourage anyone who is still dealing with an addict and still not getting anywhere, to step outside the box. In 2015, you have the chance to become alive, to fill your soul with all good things, to embrace the strength you never knew you had within you! You are special, strong and priceless! There is too much life to live, please start living it for you. Trust me, it’s worth it!
Much love, happiness and PEACE to all in this New Year!
Old 01-07-2015, 08:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

LOVE THIS POST!!!!
Old 01-07-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So true and spoken from the heart! Thanks horribleatthis...I think your name should be gettingprettygoodathis!