worry

Old 05-01-2002, 03:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

worry

It seems that I go from one worry to another.
I'm a worryaholic! I waste so much time and energy on this stuff that usually passes or goes away.What can I do to have more peace of mind? I go to meetings and pray and talk to my sponsor but I always seem to waiting for the "other shoe to drop" Any suggestions from anyone. Do other people feel this fear???
Thanks,JJ
Old 05-01-2002, 04:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hi J..

Yes! But it seems to come and go...I had several years of relative rest but that was after a whole lot of work was done and alot of the things in my life calmed down...now I am back at it mostly because the crisis that my son has created.
It's a dirty job but someone has to do it...and no one can do it but you.

Paula
Old 05-01-2002, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi JJ,

The only thing that I can tell you is that it takes time. Lots of time!! Not what you wanted to hear is it? I know, I don't like hearing it either. I worry about everything too but I am getting better. I picked up a book called Meditations For People Who Worry Too Much. You should go out and get it. It really has helped me.

What works for me is just thinking about today and just in moments. You can't do anything about the past, it's gone. Today, focus on today, or in moments if thats what works for you.

I know it's hard to stop worrying about everything and to realize that you don't have to carry the whole world on your shoulders. I just got sick and tired of being tired. I felt drained of energy and tired. It just got to a point where I felt like I was going crazy all these things were spinning around in my head and felt sooooooooo confused all the time.
You too will reach your limit and say enough is enough and learn to self talk yourself into not worrying about certain things. If you worry will the outcome be any different? No!!!! You just have to keep telling yourself that over and over...

Love Ya,
Galnva

[This message has been edited by helluvagalnva (edited May 01, 2002).]
Old 05-01-2002, 01:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Theresa

To answer your question, do I feel "fear",
and worry constantly!!!
A resounding yes is my answer.
I too am always waiting for the "other shoe to drop", and often times I am not disappointed.
I suspect we "types" of personality, are all guilty of being extreme pessimists.
Maybe after we have enough positives occur in our lives we shall begin to hear the good.

Love and hugs,

Theresa

Old 05-01-2002, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Hey JJ,

I just wanted to tell you, you're not alone
Old 05-02-2002, 04:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SoFla Jen

Ditto here. I wonder sometimes when I can and will stop dreading coming home from work and start looking forward to being with the man I love.

The little bit of advice that I can give you is something that I taught myself years ago that I have occasional success in practicing...worry only about the things that you have control over. I used to get these horrible stomach aches because I would get so engrossed worrying about things that I either had no control over or couldn't change right at that moment. I'm from the South and we have a saying "you can't get blood from a turnip". If you truly can't do anything about it, worrying about it isn't going to help.

Something that I'm going to work on is trying to appreciate the good things in my life while they're happening instead of being so consumed with worrying about what bad thing will happen to balance out that good thing.

Hang in there! Maybe you can find comfort in knowing that other people share your problems. You definitely aren't alone in the world

Love and Peace,
Jen