life's difficulties

Old 01-06-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

life's difficulties

EXAH made up all of these stories this weekend why he couldn't take care of the kids. Today he said it was because he was trying to get the interlock off the car. Three weeks after going to court?

You want everyone to think you are father of the year but you can't take care of the kids or even keep your stories and lies straight. College educated - should be able to follow directions, show up at the DMV and have your papers in order?

or just another cover to whatever new drama is going on.

Ok - I know this vent is coming across wrong - but how is it that I keep up with the kids, school, work, and every tax, bill and registrations with the government and life difficulties, including rants from his lawyer....

And he has just himself to care for on his own and go to work and can't seem to make it happen. And wants everyone to revolve around his schedule. He is in recovery.

It still amazes me he does have his job. And a very good one too!

Old 01-07-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel it too... i got the quack when my ex left about how much time she wanted to spend with the boy... the very first thing she did was blow him off for weeks for various reasons (busy moving, unpacking, blah blah). I don't trust what people say, but what they do, but I will admit I was disappointed at having to go back to being the only parent. And there is resentment that all she has to do is figure out her own stuff and can't even do it very well.

All I can do is be the best parent I can be... and recognize that my ex is doing the best she can, which in the end is not enough to call herself a parent. It is the narcissism of this disease that drives me crazy (and my ex is in "recovery" too).
Old 01-07-2015, 04:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Preach it sista!

Me three - and an ex also in recovery.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You keep on top of the situation as you have your priorities in order.

Healthy, normal parents take care of their kids first. So glad your kids have one sober, sane parent.

I know its not easy, I was a single mom for 11 years. At times, the days may seem long, but I can say the years are short. Hang in there, your doing your best and that's all that matters.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

After I stand there listening to the new set of lies and cover stories and not engaging and replying with a-hu, yes - I see, alright.
I walk away and try to unpack it....knowing that none of it is true.

*to him: why live a life where your automatic default is making up a story
*how did I not see this behavior before
*why did I excuse bad behavior
*why do I still not get angry and always just accepted this crap

Then I stop asking these absurd questions - and go back to the peace I have found.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I know he says he is in recovery and isn't, but not my lane anymore. It is sad.