Notices

terror

Old 01-05-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy terror

So been drinking daily since september before that went through bad withdrawal so got librium for at home detox and luckily didnt have a seizure or DTS I still have librium and want so badly to quit this cycle but for some reason im afraid to take it i dont know why i know it worked but i am terrified of having a seizure or dts and dying ugh it sucks...plus there isnt a time when i have someone around 24/7 so thats hindering me and making me more scared...i start back up at school on monday so i have no choice but to grow some strength and instead of picking up a drink in the am taking the librium and hoping i dont die :/ ugh i hate this...i already went through withdrawel before and it was awful and i told myself id never do that to myself again and yet here i am sick of being sick but need to take the dam pills so i can get better...has anyone had a bad detox with librium before? ugh i hate feeling scared of withdrawal although i need to do it.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Rocky have you booked an apt with doc about this ?
Old 01-05-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't think you can just waltz into walgreens and pick up some librium. so, are you
prescribing this for yourself? I would check with a doctor.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No because i already have the detox meds and used them before and they worked i dont know why im having so much anxiety about them not but i dont really have a choice but to start detox since my school starts back monday so if i can get the bad first couple days out of the way before them it would be great otherwise i wont have any time to detox safely while driving and being at school i just need to stop psyching myself out everytime i quit drinking i spend so much time worrying about dying from a seizure or all the crazy stories you hear when i should be worrying more about dying from alcohol if i dont quit now....i know drinking gave me the worst anxiety and i have panic attacks all the time but when i was sober after the withdraw i was so much calmer erg i need to do it this week and fingers crossed nothing awful happens
Old 01-05-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

and no ofcorse i didnt prescribe it for myself a doctor did at e.r. for at home detox for five days
Old 01-05-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The librium worked wonders for my shakes and insomnia and anxiety last time but i hate the sweat part like literally waking up profusely sweating all the time is one of those things that doesnt get cured with meds i think its the alcohol like seeping out of all the pores it sucks i hated that part and ill prob hate it again tommorow. plus it sucks how some alcoholics can quit and there just fine maybe alittle antsy but nope not me i get every symptom and worry which is why im pissed that ive done this to myself yet again i feel like an absolute failure
Old 01-05-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by rocky123 View Post
and no ofcorse i didnt prescribe it for myself a doctor did at e.r. for at home detox for five days
Hang in there Rocky you can do this there is 24h support the best option by far is sobriety

I know my life got a whole lot better sober 32 and im coming up for 18 months i never thought i could do it but here i am

the sweating is part of detoxing i know what you mean waking up drenched etc

it will pass and youl feel a whole lot calmer
Old 01-05-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Very early on I woke up with sweats too. It sucks yes but its better than waking up hungover right? No one can tell you or force you to take the meds or dont take them and that's not why we are here. We are here to support you in the step of putting that bottle down and getting on with a sober life.

What's your plan to stay sober when you go back to school? My college days were filled with alcohol and drugs and bad decisions. I would not have been able to do that. No way no how. So in addition to taking the meds if you are you might want to think about AA or some other way of talking to someone in person about this. Withdrawals suck but alcohol sucks more of thr life out of you each time you drink. We are here to support your effort to stop drinking.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Maybe you are anxious using the Librium to detox because you know it works. But if you use it all to detox this time it won't be there the next time you drink and go through withdrawal? I know that I had those twisted thoughts when I had a benzo prescription to help me through withdrawal. If I took it all I wouldn't have any left in case I drank again and needed to detox again. So I was afraid to use the benzos even thought they were there for withdrawal.

If you are that anxious, I would really, strongly recommend detoxing under a doctors care. Ratcheting up your anxiety is a trigger for drinking. At least it was for me. Good luck.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Let me ask, do you have these meds from before or did you just see a doctor? If they are from before I'd recommend you at least get a check up to be sure that you won't have any problems. Better safe than sorry.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I would do exactly what your doctor says exactly. It always confuses me when people want to stop drinking but are scared to take the medication ithat's given to them by a doctor. I know that I was not very good at deciding how to medicate myself. I say just go with it.

Please keep us updated on how you're doing. You can do this.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yeah the dr just gave them to me sent me home for an at home 5 day detox and told me to go to e.r. if i have a seizure which wasnt very comforting but this medicine should stop me from having one it did last time, its just all in my head being worried about things going rough even though they went so well twice before on this medication i think im just anxious about going through it all over again but i dont have a choice, and the drs care im under works at the e.r. so all she did was send me home with meds and told me to go back if i had complications they didnt admit me or anything i guess she thinks ill be safe doing it at home, plus i live with a nurse who may not be here 24/7 but enough to check on me, hopefully. erg i really am so dissapointed and ashamed i know why i drink is because i have ptsd and always have vivid flashbacks that give me panic so i started drinking again to just shut all that out and calm my nerves so after i withdraw im going to talk to my psychiatrist about getting some meds to calm those images that make me run back to drink, i didnt do that last time and didnt really have a plan so this time im going to see if i can get some anti anxiety meds and just throw myself into school and study and write down the reasons not to drink. I dont want to die especially since my only big bro passed away 2 years ago from a heroin overdose and im all my parents have so i need to seriously start taking care of myself. I also started excercising again for the first time in like a year so that should be good when i get antsy i can go on walks or use my treadmill. i just want the 5 days to be over and hope i dont end up worse right before school blahh.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Can you go into an inpatient detox rather than doing it at home? That might alleviate some of the anxiety.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I think the worst part is telling my parents twice before how i promised and swore to god i would never do this to them or me again and i was for sure changing my life and they were so supportive the first time and proud, the second time was just down right embarrising and they were like why didnt you call us when u wanted a drink to help you not to or get yourself into that again and ofcorse the guilt of my brother dying they threw at me and now this will be the third effing time im doing this and they dont even have a clue that ive been drinking soo guilty.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

no cant do in patient, theres no free ones out here and no insurence or money plus i just went to er and they didnt even admit me so at home it is
Old 01-06-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

i mean i feel like i should trust the e.r. doc that told me to do it at home and obviously felt i could as ive done it before the same way and was fine but this time just sucks i had a month off of school and i swore i was going to quit and i leave it to the last week before school starts like an idiot but oh well atleast its pushing me to get it done
Old 01-06-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Meds or no meds from my experience there's a certain amount of discomfort to withdrawal that you really can't avoid - the sweating and the anxiety for example.

Have you stopped drinking Rocky?

Whatever you decide on the meds, you have to bite the bullet either way on detox, and the sooner you do that the better you'll feel next monday

D
Old 01-06-2015, 01:52 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

starting meds tommorow as was going to start today but no one will be home at all till tommorow so i figured itd be safer to have someone around when i start and can watch me then do the dumb thing and be alone worrying about dying with no one around. so tommorow will be day one and ill feel better cus there is someone going to be home for atleast three days which for me have always been the worst.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

You got this Roc! Take that step.. Don't pick up that drink no matter what! Take lots of showers if you sweat, have clean sheets ready? Do you have someone to be by your side thru the tox?
Old 01-06-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck Rocky remember you have us 24/7

im glad your here