Notices

Day 2

Old 01-05-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
leb

Day 2

Thank you for your support messages. Now into Day 2 of sober life. Feeling positive but a bit edgy and nervous. Didn't sleep that well but that's ok because still on leave from work.

I don't seem to be craving alcohol so that is good. However I know I can stop drinking for days at a time if I have to.

I am afraid of my impulsive nature and binge drinking tendencies. The impulse sneaks up on me and I'm afraid I will give in to it, almost without thinking about my new promises to myself. Its like the more I think about alcohol and not drinking the more likely I am to say "to hell with it" and impulsively buy and drink alcohol. Its easy for me to see alcohol as a reward and that " I deserve it' Its like I easily forget the bad experiences and still believe that alcohol is fun and relaxing. I think this could be because the only time my family really had any "good" times together it was when we were drinking together.

I hope that by writing every day I will keep myself focused on living the sober life I want. I must accent the positive and eliminate the negative. I feel very inspired by reading all your positive messages. Thank you
Old 01-05-2015, 11:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by leb View Post
Thank you for your support messages. Now into Day 2 of sober life. Feeling positive but a bit edgy and nervous. Didn't sleep that well but that's ok because still on leave from work.

I don't seem to be craving alcohol so that is good. However I know I can stop drinking for days at a time if I have to.

I am afraid of my impulsive nature and binge drinking tendencies. The impulse sneaks up on me and I'm afraid I will give in to it, almost without thinking about my new promises to myself. Its like the more I think about alcohol and not drinking the more likely I am to say "to hell with it" and impulsively buy and drink alcohol. Its easy for me to see alcohol as a reward and that " I deserve it' Its like I easily forget the bad experiences and still believe that alcohol is fun and relaxing. I think this could be because the only time my family really had any "good" times together it was when we were drinking together.

I hope that by writing every day I will keep myself focused on living the sober life I want. I must accent the positive and eliminate the negative. I feel very inspired by reading all your positive messages. Thank you

I know exactly how you feel. I'm a binge drinker and also a very impulsive person. Once I get something in my head I like an urge I find it super hard to get away from.

Through going back to drinking many times I am slowly learning how to stick it out through those urges. The more sober time you have the easier it gets. I find around the week mark to be very difficult to get through.

You can do it. I did really well through Christmas and then convinced myself I'd have a drink as a reward after new year, not a good idea.

All the best.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Last edited by Sulu1; 01-05-2015 at 11:33 AM. Reason: double post.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Leb!! You'll find loads of support here on SR!!
Old 01-05-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Leb, it's like autopilot takes over and the next thing you know you are drinking after feeling so confident about quitting. It takes a lot of work and finding ways to deal with it that work for you. Good luck.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 2 Leb

Keep posting my friend