Notices

is it possible for the non-addict to reach a rock bottom?

Old 01-05-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

is it possible for the non-addict to reach a rock bottom?

hello. i'm new to this. i'm not really sure how i even got here. i just need to talk about this and i need someone to understand me and what's going on.

i'm not an addict. but the love of my life is. and i'm losing him. and in that, i'm losing myself. i don't know what i'm supposed to do.

there are only so many lies i can take. so many times i can handle him looking me in the eye and without shame or remorse, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary, tell me that I'M CRAZY and i have no idea what i'm talking about. so many times i can withstand having the blame shifted to me when i KNOW that nothing he is saying is true.

what am i supposed to do? i have never in my entire life felt so incredibly helpless.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello, empty addiction, and welcome. I'm sorry for what you are going through. What you are feeling and experiencing is what so many of the friends and family of people in active addiction experience, myself included. Your post could have been written by so many of us. There is a friends and family forum here with great people on it who will give you lots of advice and support. Here is the link.

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 01-05-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello, empty addiction, and welcome. I'm sorry for what you are going through. What you are feeling and experiencing is what so many of the friends and family of people in active addiction experience, myself included. Your post could have been written by so many of us. There is a friends and family forum here with great people on it who will give you lots of advice and support. Here is the link.

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 01-05-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"is it possible for the non-addict to reach a rock bottom? "

Yes! It is not only possible it is exactly what happens to the people on the other side. They hit a bottom just like the addict or the alcoholic. They just cannot take anymore.