Notices

Reality Price check

Old 01-05-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reality Price check

I was at the grocery this morning picking up a few items and decided to try some different soft drinks. Checking out the 2 liter bottles of pop, I was FLOORED that they were $1.99 apiece but if I bought four or more they were only .99! What am I gonna do with four?
As I'm grumbling in my mind, it occurred to me that I used to think nothing of spending $8 on a six pack of beer or a bottle of wine (before I started buying boxes to get more bang for my buck). HA! Funny how our priorities are. I used to buy generics so I could afford more booze.

Anyway, decided to get some fancy Italian organic fruit sodas at $1.99 for a 500ml bottle. And I'm still saving money!

Funny, the lady in front of me in the checkout line had three big bottles of booze and two single serving lean cuisine meals. There but for the grace of God.....
Old 01-05-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yup on Sat I went to the store to get some chicken wings etc and I got a sixer of root beer. The guy in front of me had a six pack of bud, 3 24 oz cans of Natty Light, and 2 Colt .40s. Then he had a small personal pan sized pizza and a handful of frozen burritos. He was shaking so bad trying to unload this alcohol onto the conveyor belt. I felt bad for him.

When it was my turn the cashier asked for my ID and I said "Sure, but everything I am buying my daughter can buy"...
Old 01-05-2015, 01:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Same here depending on the week I'd buy depending on what I had sometimes the cheapest stuff sometimes average, etc. since my drink of choice that's been working is NA beer I've been buying it and it's more expensive than some of the regular stuff I stop and think but then I remember I drink 2 nas when I used to drink 6-8 regular beers and even if I drank drink for drink like I used to its worth paying more to keep myself in the right mind. I laugh when the guy I front of me buys that 99 cent tall boy and im paying $2.00 for a 20 oz Mountain Dew....
Old 01-05-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good your positive Yinzer well done bud
Old 01-05-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What a great perspective you have on life.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jryan19982 View Post
Yup on Sat I went to the store to get some chicken wings etc and I got a sixer of root beer. The guy in front of me had a six pack of bud, 3 24 oz cans of Natty Light, and 2 Colt .40s. Then he had a small personal pan sized pizza and a handful of frozen burritos.
This image brings back some memories. Among others, it reminds me of how I used to buy a few things I didn't need so it wouldn't look like I was there just for the alcohol. Oh the things we do....
Old 01-05-2015, 04:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yeap a lot of things come into perspective away from the haze of alcohol!!
Old 01-06-2015, 03:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Well done yintzer, good outlook !
Old 01-06-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by N3p3nth3 View Post
This image brings back some memories. Among others, it reminds me of how I used to buy a few things I didn't need so it wouldn't look like I was there just for the alcohol. Oh the things we do....
Yes. I would also get a basket so I wouldn't be carrying the fifth of vodka and two liter ginger ale alone in my hands. And yep, buy something else to cover it in the basket.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by N3p3nth3 View Post
OMG, I thought this was just me..... I was calculating my savings on just the drinks but thinking about it, it will probably total to a lot more with all the little extras I was buying.

I also use to go to a different shop every day...

I am only 6 days sober but it feels like the sort of person who does that is crazy....and that was me!

I also use to look at the posh non-alcoholic fruit drinks, the ones you stock at parties and go pfft to expensive, £3 more I could get a bottle of wine....and then I would do exactly that.

Definitely puts it into perspective, thanks for the post.