Notices

Day 22: Smoking

Old 01-04-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Stay Strong and Motivated

Day 22: Smoking

So day 22 is underway and I'm feeling alright in regards to drinking. I still have the occasional "a drink sounds good right now" moments, but it's getting easier to push those aside. I've also decided to attempt to quit smoking as well. Thing is I have difficulty quitting cold turkey. I feel very woozy and anxious after a while with no nicotine, so I've been using nicotine gum and patches to see what works the best. The gum helps, but makes my stomach upset for a while and the patches itch like heck for about an hour and then goes away. It also leaves a nice red mark wherever I put it. I'm also not sure if trading one source of nicotine for another is a good way to get rid of the addiction, but the idea is to ween myself off of nicotine. I'm taking it easy and not pushing it too hard, I don't want to stress myself out too much.

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good and i'm still motivated. Still going strong!
Old 01-04-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Jayman, I quit smoking and drinking cold turkey at the same time. It was rough for the first week or so but then started to get better. Nicotine is 100% gone from your body after 72 hours and the rest is just psychological. It's tough but doable. Be careful though. If you have to do "something" because it's too hard I would say that smoking is the lesser of 2 evils right now until you get a little more sober time under your belt.

Good luck to you! Oh and P.S. I added daily exercise in when I first quit and that really helped. :-)
Old 01-04-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Jayman, I quit smoking and drinking cold turkey at the same time. It was rough for the first week or so but then started to get better. Nicotine is 100% gone from your body after 72 hours and the rest is just psychological. It's tough but doable. Be careful though. If you have to do "something" because it's too hard I would say that smoking is the lesser of 2 evils right now until you get a little more sober time under your belt.

Good luck to you! Oh and P.S. I added daily exercise in when I first quit and that really helped. :-)
Old 01-04-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 22 days!!!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ok...something is really wrong with this website. It posted my reply THREE times! Haha. So sorry. I hope they get it fixed soon.
Old 01-04-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The gum might well work. I used patches for a bit but I've stopped now.

Here's my number one suggestion. Look at smokers carefully as they stand outside buildings. They look horrible, lonely, sad and unhappy. They are getting no pleasure from the cigarettes.

Also, they are pollution other people's air and making a mess. Look even if it takes you a bit of pain to break the habit, once you're over the other side you will pity those people.