Notices

Today I start to work the steps

Old 01-04-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today I start to work the steps

Today is day 8 and I have been to a AA meeting everyday or every other day and want to start to work the steps. Step 1. Admitting we are powerless over alcohol and our life has become unmanageable.

I am powerless over alcohol, I know that because once I start drinking I never want it to end. If I set a limited amount of alcohol I will drink, I always exceed it. I can never leave beer in the fridge, I have to drink all I have and I won't pour anything out. I can say that is powerless.

The second part is that you life has become unmanageable. so this is a hard one. I'm not sure how this is and I might need so help.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

list ways your life went off the rails. 10 is a decent # (i think) because some are obvious and then you'll have to think on others. Glad you are starting your step work
Old 01-04-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by geno198 View Post
The second part is that you life has become unmanageable. so this is a hard one. I'm not sure how this is and I might need so help.
Has the drinking affected your health, relationships, job in any way? Have you ever gotten into fights when drunk or stopped for drinking and driving? Has anyone ever told you that you drink too much? Does it affect your sleep?
Old 01-04-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Well done!

From page 52 of Big Book -
We were having trouble with our personal relationships( really?!? May be one of the bigger understatements in the book!), we couldn't control our emotional natures, we were prey to misery and depression, we couldn't make a living, we had a feeling
of uselessness, we were full of fear, we were unhappy, we couldn't seem to be of any real help to other people.....

Maybe some of this will sound familiar - It did for me

Glad you're here posting!!
keep coming back, it hurts then it works.....
Old 01-04-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow. A few things come to mind when I think about the second part of that. I used to black out and fight with the wife. I was told I was so mean. I believe her. There was a few times I started drinking on a Sunday and had to call in to work on a Monday because I didn't feel good. The feeling of shame that comes to mind sucks real bad. I might need to sit on this step for a little bit. Thank you SR
Old 01-04-2015, 06:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done Geno