Notices

Tough day and i'm really struggling

Old 01-03-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tough day and i'm really struggling

It's one of those days I really need to reach out to my sr friends. Today I had to call the police in regards to her abusive relationship, file a restraining order, go to police station...it was so emotionally draining. I will not drink and don't really crave alcohol but it would be nice to check out instead of dealing with these emotions ya know? I have a plan to go to bed early, browse se, have my new oil diffuser going to relax. Will go to to church with my kids In The morning and then my sister will prob be staying with me and her daughter. I will definatly go to an Aa meeting tomorrow so that should help. I'm so worried and scared for my sister and there isn't anything I can do to fix it other than pray and be there for her I guess. Thanks for listening sr!!
Old 01-03-2015, 06:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there hereandnow, you're doing all the right things.. and it will get better.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I really like your plans for tonight and tomorrow; sounds like you are being smart about taking care of you. It is natural, I believe, to not want to feel certain emotions. What I've learned, however, is that it is important to stay with the feeling and ride it through. That way we become stronger and are better able to deal with the feeling/emotion when it comes around again (and it generally does!). I spent a lifetime running away from my feelings. It is tough sometimes, but it really is a gift for us to be able to feel again now that we stopped using/drinking.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! Sober clover I love what you said! This so true. I have always used something to escape tough feelings. I'm going to sit with this feeling and meditate. I will rude this like a wave.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hereandnow-it sounds like you have a good plan in place. Drinking is not going to solve your sister's problem and the emotions will be still be there after drinking. I would definitely pray.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

HearandNow2 - your approach sounds smart. You plan sounds empowering. Praying for you.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

good plan! I think I will steal it. Dealing with what life gives us is much easier managed when we are sober.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there hereandnow2, you already know hiding won't fix anything, ever. Know you have have friends who are going thru similar events, and we are right there with you.

And eat some ice cream.... sounds silly, but it helps me with cravings and stress
Old 01-03-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mike I just plowed through a chocolate brownie!
Old 01-03-2015, 08:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dang you!!! Now I'm craving brownies lol.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post
I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I really like your plans for tonight and tomorrow; sounds like you are being smart about taking care of you. It is natural, I believe, to not want to feel certain emotions. What I've learned, however, is that it is important to stay with the feeling and ride it through. That way we become stronger and are better able to deal with the feeling/emotion when it comes around again (and it generally does!). I spent a lifetime running away from my feelings. It is tough sometimes, but it really is a gift for us to be able to feel again now that we stopped using/drinking.
This! Totally relate! You hit the nail on the head for me soberclover!
Old 01-03-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hereandnow, I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I think it is inspiring that you are taking such great care of yourself during challenging times--these are definitely the moments that challenge us.

Sending peaceful and supportive thoughts.