Putting my socks back on....

Old 04-30-2002, 07:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Putting my socks back on....

I just read over what I missed last nite and today. You guys are so cool. Welcome to Theresa and SoFla! It's like a John Denver song here isn't it?... "comin' home to a place you've never been before."

Dino will be having his tests at the cancer center either tomorrow or thursday, depending on transportation. I have pulled myself back together and I'm ready to face this round. Thanks to everybody for your support and prayers. It touches Dino that people he does not even know would pray for him.

Love you guys!
Smoke
Old 05-01-2002, 02:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Smile

Smoke

Welcome home. I'm praying for you and Dino and hope all goes well for both of you. We're with you all the way..just think of us right behind you...nets, skillets, bunny slippers and all...we may not be a pretty sight, but we're family.

Hugs for you and Dino too,

Ann
Old 05-01-2002, 03:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Smoke,

My prayers are with you and Dino. I hope all goes well. I hope that you find comfort in knowing that we all care about you guys. I wish you luck..

Take care and hugs to both of you......

Galnva
Old 05-01-2002, 04:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Theresa

Smoke,

Thinking of you and Dino, never underestimate the power of positive thinking.

Take some deep breaths, they sure do help,

Love and warmth to both you and Dino,

Theresa

Old 05-02-2002, 11:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Unhappy

Due to logistical problems, Dino is not going to be able to get his tests done until Tuesday or Wednesday. BAH!
Old 05-02-2002, 11:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

"All in God's Time" so they tell me - never did like this phrase 'cause it was never in sinc with my time...but I learned.

Look at the positive...All the more time for even more prayers from so many many people who care.

You can change the date, but we'll still all be right there with you, skillets, nets, bunny slippers, duckspacetime watches and all. For you and Dino (who we have come to love), we're all still rooting

Hugs and prayers
Old 05-02-2002, 12:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

you and dino are in my prayers smoke..
I understand your frustration with the re-schedule of his tests, I am in the healthcare field, it is tuff I know. Hang in there.
Hugs..
bonbon
Old 05-02-2002, 12:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

You can't see me but I am out here in the cheering section with the rest 'em...we are praying for you both...

Hugs,
Paula
Old 05-02-2002, 12:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Me too!

Old 05-04-2002, 11:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Okay, NOW....

They've rescheduled some poor someone having a "non urgent procedure" so they can take Dino on Monday. Somehow that's very scarey. I'm confused but I think he gets half the tests monday and half tuesday. Brrrrrrr.....
Old 05-04-2002, 06:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Paused

I feel for you smoke.

I'm totally estranged from my biological family. I've been blessed to be able to build a family. About six years ago, my "brother" was diagnosed with cirrhosis. Three years ago August, after careful consideration, I decided to be a live donor. It is possible to do live donations on the liver because the organ regenerates in both the person who gives it and the one who receives it. I went for multiple tests ( ie: chest CAT scans & x-rays to determine size, psych. eval.s, ect ) at Mount Sini in NYC, my brother's hospital. They determined that I was a good candidate. Early this year, a live donor died at Mount Sini. The hospital's live donation program was shut down by the NYC health dept. while they investigated. Subsequently, the hospital was sited for negligence on several counts and their live donor program has been shut down until September. About three weeks ago, I got a letter in the mail saying they had rereviewed our case ( not a good sign.) I finally got them on the phone last week. The verdict, after three years of being approved, they have decided I'm not a good candidate for two reasons, 1. I may be too small ( my brother out weighs me by almost 100 lbs.) and they are afraid I might relapse. I'm a survivor of several eating disorders( they term " mild psychiatric disorder," which, technically, under DSMIV, they are, and I have been hospitalized for one of them, so I now have a clinical classification) and I'm a reformed heavy drinker. Aparently, the hospital had a live doner relapse before the live donor death incident. Before surgery, she didn't inform them she was a reformed drinker, and post-op, she started drinking again, so now MY sobriety, ten years for eating disorders and five for alcohol, is also in question. My brother and I are now considering getting a second opinon from NYU. The reason for live donors is that a very high percentage of those that need organs ( sometimes 60% )don't get them.

I said all this mostly to let you know that you are not alone in your health care anxiety. My thoughts are with you,

Peace, blessings and serenity,

firefly
Old 05-05-2002, 04:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

Smoke,

I have only a few words for you and that is that I have experienced the sort of worry and confusion you are going through right now. My mother had cancer. I was there from word GO. I will continually keep you and Dino in my prayers and ask HP everyday to strengthen you both for your tasks ahead. BLESS YOU BOTH!
Lolly