Notices

DAy 2 - super irritable

Old 12-30-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

DAy 2 - super irritable

Ugh - I'm so cranky today. I'm at work and I just want to punch someone in the face (I won't , of course). I didn't drink, which I am pleased with - just irritated for no reason at EVERYTHING! I'm hoping I perk up as the day goes on. I ordered some yummy pizza for lunch - maybe that will help! My husband and I are going to do a workout tonight and play with the kids. I noticed last night, that once I got past a certain time (about 7:00 pm) - the cravings subsided. Weird...
Old 12-30-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go! It gets easier!
Old 12-30-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job!!! And yes, once you get past the "reward" hour, the cravings subside! Proud of you.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It does get easier, but there is going to be days that are harder than others. Hang in there!
Old 12-30-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey there, BeBetter! I really like your honesty about your feelings, and I love your use of SR as an outlet. I think never acknowledging how you really feel could end up making those emotions more powerful and thus a stronger trigger in the near future.

I also really like that you have a plan throughout the day, I think (as you probably know) that staying busy using actual plans is an awesome thing to keep up, especially when your emotions are all over the place.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BeBetterforkids View Post

I ordered some yummy pizza for lunch

My husband

the kids

last night the cravings subsided
that's a lot to be grateful for
staying grateful overcomes many obstacles
MM
Old 12-30-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your drinking time was at 5, right?

It's just a habit, like any other habit that has to be broken.

You know how you teach a dog to sit? Repetition and reward. Conditioned response. Keep doing the next right thing (not drinking at 5PM) and you will create new habits.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This made me spit out my water. I SO know that feeling:
I'm at work and I just want to punch someone in the face (I won't , of course).
Old 12-30-2014, 08:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hang in there on day 2 i was pretty iritable this is normal in WD

well done on day 2
Old 12-30-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yup thats about right. Just need to plow through it. Maybe go outside for a walk during your break if you have one. I am lucky enough to work at a place that I can pretty much get up and take a walk outside whenever I want, as long as I dont abuse it. I work in a small town, in the downtown area, and just love walking around now looking at all the early 20th century buildings, the original hotels off rt 66, etc. Its refreshing and that is why I love it here. Just so quaint and peaceful most of the time, and most everyone is happy.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's my day three and has not been easy.
I read up on all of my symptoms that seemed to help me to cope. I felt like I was hyper excited and about to explode. Is this normal ?
I am terrified of New Years tomorrow as I don't think I have been sober on New Year's Eve since I was 18. What do you usually do on New Years besides go out clubbing and drink?
This is all new to me any responses would be very much appreciated.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Between and 5 and 7 at night are really tough for me. I can chug through a bottle of wine in an hour or so and then switch over to beer. All while making dinner, cleaning, homework and trying to feed a toddler. Just writing it makes me want to punch myself in the face. The pizza and these posts definitely helped my mood. My work is also very flexible so I can take breaks when needed. We are staying in New Years Eve with the kids - we might stay up a little later , but not until the ball drops. There will be no booze in the house and we don't go out of the house on "amateur night" as we like to call it. It would be my luck going to the store to get booze and get side swiped by a drunk driver!! NYE has never been a huge deal so I am trying to treat it like every other night - minus the wine !
Old 12-30-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Bebetter, hang in there, it won't stay this intense for ever. I was murderous for the week or so...

Sounds like you have good plans to get through it, good for you for posting your feelings instead of drinking.
Old 12-30-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Originally Posted by AliveSoul View Post
It's my day three and has not been easy.
I read up on all of my symptoms that seemed to help me to cope. I felt like I was hyper excited and about to explode. Is this normal ?
I am terrified of New Years tomorrow as I don't think I have been sober on New Year's Eve since I was 18. What do you usually do on New Years besides go out clubbing and drink?
This is all new to me any responses would be very much appreciated.
Welcome, Alivesoul !

Well done on day 3. I would go and see a doc if you are worried about your WD symptoms. I had something like you describe in the first few days too, but it faded in time.

If it were me and I had three sober days , I would stay home this NYE, or find something to do that does not involve alcohol. Got any sober friends or family you could celebrate the night with ?

BTW, if you feel like starting a new thread on this board, and saying hi, more people can get a chance to welcome you
Old 12-30-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on days 2 and 3 guys

yeah the early days are rough but it won't always be like this - it does get easier - and there's always support here 24/7

D