Notices

60-90 days what to expect?

Old 12-29-2014, 09:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

60-90 days what to expect?

Day 60 today!

I have made it two months almost and it feels great. They have been filled with depression, hope, laughter and tears. Honestly, a lot of downs but the ups are comming more and more. I have been hiding away quite a bit but it has gotten me here. I am feeling better and know that over the course of the next 30 I really need to start branching out and living my life in sobriety. I had been living the bar life for so long it's been difficult just figuring out what other people do with their free time besides bad tv, eat and try to exerciss.

I read a post a few weeks ago(from 2011) asking about the changes between 30-60 days. Thought it would be nice to hear from some people about how they felt from 60-90 for some encouragement.

So, what did you go through, feel or think in your first 60-90 days?

Hope all of your holidays are finding you safe and well.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Axiom, I'm just coming up to the 90 day mark, and there were times I didn't think I'd be here. I was one of those people who couldn't imagine his life without alcohol, so much so that I structured my life around when I could drink.

This last month is when I really began to think "I can do this." I've been able to get some new routines going, and all of my evenings don't have that "something's missing" feeling I had earlier, if you know what I'm talking about.

I've seen my friends more, I'm more relaxed, and I know you will be too. Last week, I overheard some coworkers discussing where we were going to go for appetizers after work (holiday party). They were talking about different drink specials at different places and, referring to me, one said, "Oh, that won't matter to him. He doesn't drink." I think I was actually slack-jawed for a moment. I never thought I'd hear myself described like that.

I thank SR so much - even though I don't post a lot, I'm here every day. It keeps me grounded in early sobriety and stops me from getting too ahead of myself.

Congratulations on your Day 60! Let's make it a great 2015.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job.. 60 days is huge! I felt a lot better at 30 and 60 days, but the bigger changes will come after 90 days, at least they did for me. Started to feel more relaxed, sleep improved, anxiety diminished.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

by the time i was 30 days sober
i didnt shake anymore, i didnt throw up when brushing my teeth anymore, i could shave again with a steady hand, i had no more Diarrhea

things started to look good as my suffering was clearing up. its amazing to remember being able to shave again with no more shakes !!!!!!!!!!

what could be better than that ?
it would prove to me that my life can start to change and it did and went on from there as the fog started to clear

when i got to 90 days i forgot i was doing 90 days around aa as i had already started to grow and aa was washing over me
Old 12-30-2014, 02:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done AxiomDc 60 days is awesome At 60-90 days i have it recorded in a journal i suggest you do the same so you can see how far youve come

at 60-90 days i was pinching myself asking is this real im really sober i was starting to get settled there was still hard days id still get a craving out of the blue but my resolve was strengthening all the time i was learning more

just want to say your doing awesome and this is an exellent thread
Old 12-30-2014, 02:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

During 60-90 days the wild mood swings I'd been having calmed down...by day 90 I was pretty constant again emotionally

D
Old 12-30-2014, 03:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

90 for me was like someone turning a happy switch on. Everything leveled out, my energy levels are getting better and the fog has lifted.

Jennifer
Old 12-30-2014, 03:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm only 22 days in so I can comment but just want to say congrats!!!
Old 12-30-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Peace and calm. The erratic voice in my head got quiet, I had more energy, cravings were almost totally gone, no more second guessing if i made the right choice (duh!), cried real empathetic tears (not the feeling sorry for myself God get me out of this cry), started to truly laugh, adapted to a healthy routine, noticed my productivity increase, the list goes on and on. Everyday you chose not to drink a little miracle happens.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm at nearly 4 months. I feel a lot more even emotionally. I'm getting used to a sober lifestyle. On the other hand, I think at times I'm starting to forget how bad things were before I quit. That might be something to watch out for.

I no longer really miss alcohol, except during some social occasions, I find it a bit isolating and feel I'm missing out. However I am growing more of a sober network as well, so I expect those feelings to improve, as I do less hanging around the company of other drinkers.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you for all the responses. I am looking forward to the next month but also a bit worried. While I am feeling better everyday, sometimes I worry if I feel too good I will think I'm "cured".

Weatherman: I hope you had a great time at your party. Ha, I know exactly what you're talking about.
adv- Thanks and that's good to hear. I am looking forward to it.
desypete- it's crazy what we took as part of life. Here's to more better days!
soberwolf- I wish I had started one on the first day like I read about. No changing the past though, only forward from here, starting one today.
Dee- I am looking forward to leveling out a bit more.
Serenidad- thanks! I have been reading your posts over the past few weeks and it seems like you're doing great.
OklaBH- sounds nice, I really like your attitude
Sick-thanks for writing that. I have to admit that forgetting is a huge concern. Sometimes I feel like I dwell in order to keep it fresh in my mind. I just saw your signature on a commercial the other day and it made me chuckle.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for this great thread Axiom. I'm just around the corner from entering the 60 - 90 days, and the responses have made me excited about what lays ahead. :-)
Old 12-30-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I will NOT drink to that!

I've just entered the 60 - 90 day phase myself. I hope my sleeping improves soon. I have been tossing & turning for weeks!
Old 12-30-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My sleep did improve between 60-90 days; the first two months were dominated by my inability to sleep.

I had to attend two out of town work conferences during that period, and both included multiple receptions and dinners with free-flowing alcohol. I was grounded and focused at both events. I dressed up for the parties, interacted "charmingly." and drank "fancy" non-alcoholic drinks made of fruit juices. Both conferences were in topics which deeply interest me, and I felt like I had finally come back to my true self. The third month - for me - was about moving back into the world. I still was conscious about giving myself space to retreat to (ie. returning to my hotel room regularly to lie down briefly during the conferences and recenter), but my energy began to move outward.

I also started to interact with more non-program folks again (especially work friends). I felt more confident, less fragile. My world expanded...

I also started to feel that "this was going to stick." I was very proud when I got my 90 days - it had strong meaning for me.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I just celebrated 90 days yesterday. I struggled this past holiday season, but I think it was just my AV testing me. Seeing if I really meant business . I hope that things remain calm for me. I am finding it easier to say, " I don't drink" than I was 30 days ago. Keep it up, you are doing great