Notices

Anxiety and cravings

Old 12-28-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxiety and cravings

Ok I'm on day 28 looking forward to 29 days. My anxiety today is sky high and I'm thinking about wine. I seriously doubt I'll relapse, but this is torture. I had a great 6 anxiety free days and now I'm in this condition. Maybe this is partly due to PAWS? I certainly don't want this feeling to escalate. Help?
Old 12-28-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My anxiety always got worse when I drank, it was Sobriety that took a lot of my anxiety away.

However that didn't mean there was never any bad days ever again, life's always going to through a few curve balls, but reaching for a bottle isn't going to help matters, for me it always made them worse, with the added stress and guilt of throwing away Sober time and having to start all over again!!

Hang in there, any chance of a walk in the fresh air, or doing something to take your mind off things?!! You can do this!!
Old 12-28-2014, 12:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I got really anxious at 29 and then they anxiety left and has been filled with sadness, loneliness, and anger except on Christmas day. My emotions have been pretty raw. My advice is to just live in the moment of the day. Do as little or as much as you need to do to keep your mind calm. Love yourself first and don't push it too hard. I am just now starting some of the fog lift from the last 7 days. It is all part of retraining our brain. Hang in there!! 28 days is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! 29 will feel even better even if you have to go through it anxious...better than numbing your feelings and making the anxiety worse.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Now is a good time to find something else to help that anxiety Sarah There are lots of different ways of coping with anxiety. My sister and me both have anxiety disorders and whilst I always used alcohol as a coping strategy she was busy listening to books on tape, relaxing music, baths, breathing exercises. Concentrate on new positive ways to cope rather that mentally falling back on old maladaptive coping strategies. Well done on 29 days
Old 12-28-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Now is a good time to find something else to help that anxiety Sarah There are lots of different ways of coping with anxiety. My sister and me both have anxiety disorders and whilst I always used alcohol as a coping strategy she was busy listening to books on tape, relaxing music, baths, breathing exercises. Concentrate on new positive ways to cope rather that mentally falling back on old maladaptive coping strategies. Well done on 29 days