Notices

Its Been A ****** Year...

Old 12-28-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Its Been A ****** Year...

Lets not lie, For most of us 2014 has just been blow after blow after blow. I know for many it has been the year you found your sobriety and that is outstanding news but with that you still had some up and downs. This past week has been just another blow to the year for me. Not because I drank myself crazy everyday but because I can't handle outsider stress and we traveled to my In-Laws for Christmas. My husband and I sat down and pin pointed some major stressors in my life, really found what does send me to that glass of wine. I feel like he is truly on my side and really does understand that even though going to my wine one a nightly basis wasn't right that their were root causes that many people would do the same thing that I did. We are back home and I feel leveled again. I'm not sure about anyone else out there but I'm ready to kiss 2014 good bye. It really has been the worst year of my life but I'm armed with confidence that I can change that in 2015.

For those that are reading this I am not a 100% sober writer/member, I feel the need to be honest with you all because these threads are here to help us, not write "facebook lies" of our life. I have found however that even though I can "control" my drinking it is easier to reframe from it. And on one more note, Please if you do find yourself out on New Years after having too many PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find a ride.
Love to you all
-TX Strong

Old 12-28-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome TX! Many new years for me if I don't drink.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

make 2015 a year to remember - every day. I forgot too much when drinking myself.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

2014 was a big year in many ways, I'm hoping 2015 is equally as exciting, but minus all the horror alcohol brings
Happy new year to you!
Old 12-28-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Today is a good day to get sober and to be sober. 2014 was without a doubt the worst year of my life but it was a great year because I was sober. I drank because I like to be drunk but I like sobriety even better.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It sounds like you're making progress TXstrong. It's great your husband is there supporting you in your sobriety efforts! I hope 2015 will be a great year for you!
Old 12-28-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by TXStrong View Post
I have found however that even though I can "control" my drinking it is easier to reframe from it.
I wish you a Better 2015 as well, and to all that are struggling.

Reading your statement above reminds me of my many years of struggling. I always hoped I'd find a way to cut back, moderate, control, or somehow "cure" myself so I could eventually just go back to "having a couple" when I wanted to relax or deal with stress. We all have stress, and many years ago I WAS able to do that.

The problem for me was hanging on to the idea of control. Once I let go of that the struggle got much easier.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

All the best for 2015

Every year will have hardships of some sort or some kind and our mettle will be tested

this year i practiced patience throughout and ive had a lot more sucess than failure

I have stayed sober and im coming up for 18 months

Roll on 2015
Old 12-28-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hope all goes well in 2015 for you TXstrong!!