Notices

That escalated quickly.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Last Blackout

That escalated quickly.

Well, I made it 31 days.

And then... Got drunk last night. So drunk I don't even know how I made it home.

But I'm here. Uninjured. Unhappy and hungover, but OK.

Another day 1.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

have you thought of why you ended up drunk last night ?
Old 12-28-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi.
Part of the reason I kept repeating the same old same old was because I was telling myself I could get sober again.
Soon I kept hearing about the relapsers that couldn’t have another come back because of suicides, choking to death on their vomit along with not so nice things that happen to drinkers.

Fear was a motivator to get me started to sober up. Practicing the principals of the program has worked for the following years.

BE WELL
Old 12-28-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

geez thats awful and instead of your sobriety date you have your last black out. Its time to take this very very serious. You need to see a doctor and get a program. This is nothing to mess with. There is no more "oh well another day 1" this thing is brutal. Next black out could kill you. Im very concerned when I see posts like this.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

"I was telling myself I could get sober again" OH SO TRUE! And the more I drank the more "Suicidal" I became. (it's not something I would ever do sober--I can't promise 100% I wouldn't in a blackout) Pat--Day One is where your new life begins! You can do this. You did for 31 days.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IOAA2 View Post
Hi.
Part of the reason I kept repeating the same old same old was because I was telling myself I could get sober again.
Soon I kept hearing about the relapsers that couldn’t have another come back because of suicides, choking to death on their vomit along with not so nice things that happen to drinkers.

Fear was a motivator to get me started to sober up. Practicing the principals of the program has worked for the following years.

BE WELL
This is SOOO true. Every relapse was worse for me. Looking back there were nights I should not have woken up
Old 12-28-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Last Blackout

You are right.

I was doing well, and then I got bored and lonely... Apparently not a good combination...

I would really like to know where I went last night (or maybe I dont...)

Ugh. Feeling horrible.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Pat A a very useful tool in sobriety is reaching out and saying dang its on me right now

come on here speak about it get that 2nd opinion

Good luck
Old 12-28-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Pat - now you will have to update your signature. Sorry you drank to a blackout point. Especially if you did (I don't know) drive. So dangerous.

Bored and lonely - sucks. BUT, drinking makes it worse.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you are back, Pat.

Active alcoholism puts us at risk for for serious, sometimes dire, sometimes fatal consequences.

I understand that you are feeling terrible today but when your head starts to clear, I hope you spend some good time shoring up your plan for sustained sobriety - examine the situations that led to the events of last night and how avoid them in the future, look into face to face support such as AA or counseling, find and order some books on alcoholism and recovery, check out other techniques for achieving and maintaining sobriety such as RR and AVRT, schedule an appointment with your doctor to enlist his/her support, etc.

You are worth the effort, Pat; above all, do this for yourself and a bright future.

Feel better soon, Pat.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Glad you are back, Pat.

Active alcoholism puts us at risk for for serious, sometimes dire, sometimes fatal consequences.

I understand that you are feeling terrible today but when your head starts to clear, I hope you spend some good time shoring up your plan for sustained sobriety - examine the situations that led to the events of last night and how avoid them in the future, look into face to face support such as AA or counseling, find and order some books on alcoholism and recovery, check out other techniques for achieving and maintaining sobriety such as RR and AVRT, schedule an appointment with your doctor to enlist his/her support, etc.

You are worth the effort, Pat; above all, do this for yourself and a bright future.

Feel better soon, Pat.
Here is a link you might find useful:

Secular Connections - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 12-28-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pat A View Post
So drunk I don't even know how I made it home.
I'm really glad you're home safe. That's happened to me in the past, and it's what i remember every time i think i can drink again.
I don't think about the short-term good feeling i may get if i drink. I think about the lost hours where my body was out with strangers, and i was completely defenseless and drawing drunken attention to myself. That's what i think about when i think about drinking.