Hey....

Old 12-28-2014, 12:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey....

So hope all of you are doing well. Hubby and I are good for the most part. We have not had our Christmas yet... but Santa is coming to our home tonight to see a very special little girl, our granddaughter.

She has been a very big part of our life and Pappy is head over heels for her. He loves to get up early and wake her up and bring her into our bedroom to get me up and we start our day at around 7am. We get her for 2-3 days every week. I tried to go a week without her so I could get out into the woods and Pap just couldn't stand being without her. I had to take the time out to have her over at least a night. lol He is just smitten with her.

She runs to him and he eats it up. He'll make her popcorn and he'll kick back on the couch with her on his lap and they'll eat popcorn and he holds her cup for her. He takes her outside and down into the basement to play the drums. I love the both of them like crazy and watching them together just makes me so happy... even if I'm the one on 100% diaper duty. lol

He wants a motorcycle and I'm just not ready for that. I just can't do it. I miss the bike, the good times we had on it but I don't think a bike is what we need. I am not over what I saw a little over a year ago. So it's a big fat no and he knows why.

I've been sick. Upper GI bull-garbage. Got a med change and feel so much better but need more testing and may have to have the gall bladder out. We'll see in the next few weeks. I am still smoke free, hit 13 months on the 18th. Feel so much better! Work sucks but whatever... it is what it is... a job. Hubby has his and we're financially secure. He just spoiled us for Christmas! He bought me a new table and pots and pans that I really wanted. Dropped a pretty penny on the baby with toys and new wardrobe.

So today, my daughter and I will be meal prepping for tomorrow. Cleaning the house for Santa and enjoying our time together. And on Tuesday, I'll be 37. I'm going to enjoy these last few days of 36.

I wish you all a Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to it! I hope it's as good as the last part of this year. Things have been so peaceful, it's the way I've always wanted and needed it.

Best Wishes to all of you who have been here for us. Thank you... I may not post everyday but I come to read and drop a smartass comment here or there. lol You know it's how I am.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Hey Wild Woman.

That all sounds pretty good.

Bow hunting this year?
Old 12-28-2014, 01:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Always bow hunting! Just dropped a grand on a new rig! Got busted by the does from all directions in my one spot. I needed to be in the tree to hunt it but stayed on t g e ground this year. Have bucks on trail camera but they were all running at night. I had a blast! Rifle hunted after working all night, hunt all day only to go back to work all night. I played hard this year. Had a doe given to me that I butchered. I'm grinding it up today. Had to buy a new blade. Even had to buy a new pair of boots because I lost one. Left it in the truck because I was too tired to drag all my gear in and one fell out somewhere. My new ones should be here soon so I can finish late season archery that just came back in.

How are you Hammer?
Old 12-28-2014, 01:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Here she is Hammer... My new toy. Carbon Rose by BowTech. Shoots 302 ft per second. So light n quiet it's ridiculous.

Old 12-28-2014, 01:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Taking a break bear hunting... lol

Protecting my friend from bears and posting her face all over FB! lol

Old 12-28-2014, 01:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Here is our baby girl. She's LaLa's Baby.

And one of her awake...

Old 12-28-2014, 01:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
Always bow hunting! Just dropped a grand on a new rig! Got busted by the does from all directions in my one spot. I needed to be in the tree to hunt it but stayed on t g e ground this year. Have bucks on trail camera but they were all running at night. I had a blast! Rifle hunted after working all night, hunt all day only to go back to work all night. I played hard this year. Had a doe given to me that I butchered. I'm grinding it up today. Had to buy a new blade. Even had to buy a new pair of boots because I lost one. Left it in the truck because I was too tired to drag all my gear in and one fell out somewhere. My new ones should be here soon so I can finish late season archery that just came back in.
Sounds like you.

How are you Hammer?
Not so bad. Good to hear from you.
Old 12-28-2014, 02:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's always a pleasure to see you here.
Old 12-28-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update. Happy holidays to you and your family. She is beautiful!

Old 12-28-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

First of all, you are too young to be a grandmother because that would put me in grandmother age, LOL! She's adorable, too, by the way, love the pics.

As for the hunting, my mom has a bear that has been terrorizing their neighborhood and has busted out her glass in her shed. She is a bee keeper and has 8 acres and a farm in Northern Virginia, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. She left some of the bee equipment in the shed and the bear was trying to get to it.

They had already shot a bear last spring on their property, too, and they butchered it. My stepfather got eaten alive by the fleas that were on the bear coat, though, and he wasn't too happy about that, LOL.

They also shoot deer and bow hunt on their property. I love going there so I can target practice right into the woods. He's an avid gun collector and always has something new for us to try.

So glad to hear that you guys are having a great Christmas!
Old 12-28-2014, 08:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

It's so good to hear from you. Your granddaughter is absolutely adorable and I am glad that you are having a blast.
I don't blame you about being gun shy re getting a new bike. Actually when I saw you posted, my first reaction was:
What did he do now?
I m happy things are good for you.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wonderful to hear from you Box and so glad things are going well

I think a "no motorcycle ever" clause is quite reasonable given what you went through.

You do look way too young to be a Grandma
Old 12-28-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good to see you on here. I always enjoyed your posts and wisdom! :-)
Old 12-28-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So happy for you, Rox.

Baby is beautiful, and you look wonderful too.

hugs
chic
Old 12-28-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

What a sweetie. She is getting big. This time next year she'll be about ready to go hunting with grandma, if you can pry her away from grandpa, that is.
Great update, thanks.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

He's actually being good Carlotta! Lol

Just got done,grinding venison. I have my daughter n granddaughter here with me. We're having venison meatloaf for dinner.

Thank you all. I'm to young to be Grandma so she calls me LaLa. I would never give her up now. She's a keeper for sure!
Old 12-28-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Glad all is well miss you here! That's a Gerber baby what a doll!
Old 12-28-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey Box! So nice to hear from you. It's wonderful to hear that life is going so well for you guys. You deserve it!

That grand daughter of yours is just delicious! I could gobble her right up.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-28-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey Box! So nice to hear from you. It's wonderful to hear that life is going so well for you guys. You deserve it!

That grand daughter of yours is just delicious! I could gobble her right up.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-28-2014, 02:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sorry for the double post. Not sure what happened.