Notices

Got an argument tonight

Old 12-27-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Got an argument tonight

Got an argument tonight with the wife. It is what it is, she is still out there somewhere doing god knows what.

You know what hurts, she told me I am crazy and delusional, that hurt so damn bad. I mean it was the lowest of the lowest blows

I could cry, I am not crazy, without medication I hear things that don't exist and I have tons of problems but i am not crazy. What a mean and horrible comment, I am not crazy, I am just not crazy, I keep repeating that because I am not crazy.

I am not crazy, I am just not crazy, I didn't choose this, I wish it wasn't so, damn so depressed I didn't choose this, but I am not crazy.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My understanding of affirmations is it's more beneficial to keep them in the positive. Just a suggestion, but ya might want to change "I'm not crazy", to "I have a healthy mind.", or "I enjoy peace of mind, and I am growing emotionally each and every day." You can make up your own, but I found those messages to be a lot more helpful than ones that are stated negatively with words like "not" "crazy" "don't", etc.

An ex girlfriend of mine had the affirmation, "I enjoy beautiful radiant health," hanging in her bathroom and several other places in her apartment. At the time I was going through some heavy duty health problems that doctors weren't able to diagnose or help me with. I wound up repeating that affirmation day in and day out, and eureka... my ailments disappeared just as mysteriously as they had arrived.

I've since made affirmations one of my frequently used tools.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sometimes people say bad things TDG, even people close to us. What matters now more than anything is focusing on getting the help you need. Keep taking your meds and go to you evaluation meeting. You mentioned AA, call your sponsor or hit a meeting of need be.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with both Scott and Joe TDG.

You don't have to own what someone else says in the heat of an argument. Don't awfulise about it - try and counter those negative self thoughts with positive ones.

and don't lose sight of the real issue here - continuing to find help and make real changes.

Don't get into an eff it mindset. It's still worth it

Believe that.
Have faith in yourself.

Our value comes from within TDG, not from what other people tell us we are.
D
Old 12-28-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey TDG. How ya making out there?
Old 12-28-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hope you're doing ok out there
Old 12-28-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Only thing we have control over is ourselves. Let your wife come back and chill out. Hopefully that puts her back in a caring mood and she will see that what she said was very hurtful. Best wishes to you
Old 12-28-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Jeremy stay focused

Take your meds keep your appointment

Are you still going mtns ?