Recommendations

Old 12-26-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recommendations

Can someone recommend a book/online source to help cope with leading up to losing someone, as well as grief and loss? Also books/online sources that specifically deal with losing someone to alcoholism. Starting to have the info I received today sink in and I'm feeling inconsolable.

(I can move this post to a different forum if it would be more appropriate some where else)
Old 12-26-2014, 10:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

There might be some resources in the Books for ACoA thread up in the stickies. I'll do a Google search to see what I can come up with.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hello NOLA

is your mom going hospice? most of these agenies also counsel family. i would ask them to contact you to potentially coordinate a visit to your mom if you are leaning that way. patients often enter hospice much later than they should and at times there isn't a lot of time for end of life work. i want to warn you time indeed could be very short and this group could accurately tell you this.

their staff might have a book recommendation for you.

i actually have a memoir recommendation. have you read Wild by Cheryl Strayed? the book is many things, but a big part of it is her grief at losing her mother. parts of it are written sublimely and they are the parts dealing with grief. it is out as a movie now, but in your case i recommend the book.

peace Nolagirl.