phew one more down

Old 12-26-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

phew one more down

So christmas went exactly as expected. I put off going to my FOO until I had to. Got there and had a pleasant time with my father and brothers family. Then my other brotber and mothered showed up and in the next half an hour I was reduced to sobbing tears as I drove to my friends house who is my real family. I got presents my AM is always great about it, but not one of those gifts was something I would have liked, and she darn well knows it. Its just a jab. My family welcomed me in had me bring the gifts in then managed to make me laugh asking "has she even met you?" And "no seriously whos gifts are these?"
The thing that always amazes me is no matter how wonderful my family is about my FOO issues there is no relief equal to the moment I realize christmas is officially over for the year. And not a moment too soon!
Old 12-26-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Boy can I understand those feelings well. I am glad to hear you got to spend time with your FOC.
Old 12-26-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry about the presents but glad the day was ok otherwise

D
Old 12-26-2014, 11:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Our household was full of friends for Christmas. No family to be found except our own dysfunctional gang of nerds and our children. My outlaws are coming tomorrow, so I'm mentally preparing for that. My MIL is decent on her own, but add in my domineering, narcissistic, jealous-of-his-son FIL, and she becomes completely intolerable. I didn't get so much as a phone call from my AM, so that was good. My phone automatically rejects her calls, but I still get the notification that she tried. Talked to the three FOO members that aren't blocked and had a wonderful day. Maybe next time just don't go?
Old 01-01-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Payne I can relate to this. My mother was the same way about selecting gifts. But I think mine just couldn't buy anything she didn't like herself. Everything she ever bought as a gift was her taste. She couldn't just buy something someone put on a list or mentioned they would like to have. I grew-up with this unwritten rule. So I excepted that nothing I ever got from her....ever....would be my choice. The problem was when my children were asked (yes she even asked for my kid's Christmas lists) but never bought anything from the list! Lol It became a big joke with my kids that when Grandma asked for their list....they purposely did not write what they wanted...that way they'd have a better chance of getting it. Lol

Thank God, most stores have pretty easy exchange policies.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ha! Ya I'm mid gift exchange process right now.