I want to wish you peace

Old 12-24-2014, 09:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want to wish you peace

I know this is a rough time of year for many of us -- time off work, traditions involving alcohol, expectations running high, relatives putting pressure on us, and a strong desire to just have normality and peace.

My hope is, for each and everyone of us, that we regardless of situation can find little pockets of peace to enjoy. A cup of tea by the tree after the kids have gone to bed, the gratitude in the eyes of the homeless guy at the soup kitchen, a mouthful of that tasty Christmas food that was your favorite as a kid. Whatever brings you joy, I hope you can enjoy it in the moment and not live in fear and worry about what the next hour, day, week will hold.

We've got to steal the joy back in small portions where we can, my friends. And remember not to buy into other people's expectations, either of the holidays or of us.

Lots of love to you all tonight.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you, and Christmas blessings to you.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What wonderful thoughts, thank you for sharing them. I hope your Christmas is full of peace, joy, and gratitude. I want you to know how much I appreciate you and all the thoughtful responses to my questions an anxious rants. You and so many others are on my gratitude list...merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2014, 10:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Much love to you, lillamy! I chose to do exactly that this Christmas and I can truly say it's been enjoyable to the point where I tortured my AH with Christmas music in the car and I didn't even notice his wringing his hands.....our son told me, LOL. I was totally enjoying my music and wrapped up in the song. Sigh....all will be well...

Sending joyful thoughts to you all!
Old 12-24-2014, 10:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Magsie

Love and peace to you, too, Lillamy.x
Old 12-25-2014, 02:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Beautifully said! I spent the day focused on my daughter and myself and had a wonderful Christmas Eve.

Peace and blessings to you all.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Beautiful post! I have so many great memories of Christmases past. Making a big breakfast on Christmas morning and watching my little ones open gifts from Santa. My children are grown now with their own lives. Things are different now but I am grateful for so many blessings. I will get together with my children and grandchildren after Christmas this year and that's ok. Things don't stay the same and expectations of what Christmas is supposed to be leave many feeling down. But it's those little moments we can enjoy like a cup of tea by the tree thank you lillamy for your post. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-25-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Liz...I've got to admit that I am curious....just got to ask---Do you know why your husband doesn't like Christmas music??

It wasn't Christmas rap was it??

dandylion
Old 12-25-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Liz...I've got to admit that I am curious....just got to ask---Do you know why your husband doesn't like Christmas music??

It wasn't Christmas rap was it??

dandylion
LOL! I think he just gets tired of it since the stores play it over and over. No, no Christmas rap, haha! I don't think I would enjoy that myself. I like the oldies: Johnny Mathis, Bing Crosby, and I found a new Michael W Smith album this year that really adds to my collection.