Merry Christmas, oh, and just venting

Old 12-24-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas, oh, and just venting

Merry Christmas to all,
It's Christmas Eve and I'm needing to vent. That said, I am also very aware of the MANY blessings I have to be thankful for! It feels CRAZY to go between venting (being angry) and thanking and praising God for all His mercy and graciousness He has shown me.
I think I'm learning that this is how many of us feel with an AH spouse. We are splitting up after 18 years. She is buying me out of the house and I am going to an apartment.
It's just still simply confounding to me the denial, twisting my words, the projection, etc.
This is all truly bittersweet. I am so angry about all the broken promises, dreams, and security. Yet I know my new environment will be much more peaceful and will help me grow, and be who I am.
Thanks for being here and letting me vent. God bless you all!
Old 12-24-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

FreeMe1.....Just know that you are not alone in this. We know how you feel more than can be put into words. We understand.

You are going to be o.k. You will not always feel this way.

I want to wish you a peaceful Christmas!

dandylion
Old 12-24-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much dandylion! It's folks like you (and many others) that let me know I'm not alone I this! And I agree, I WILL be OK, and even better.
Peace to you!
Old 12-24-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

FM- I just got a divorce after 26 years married, and 34 years together on October 29th.

You don't believe it now, but you will be ok. Good days and Bad, but more good then bad. Follow the path you are on, take your time and it will all fall into place.

Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-24-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're far from alone, friend. I am celebrating my fifth Christmas after divorcing an alcoholic, and I can promise you, it does get better.

One thing that helps me is what someone here said -- and it applies to other things, too: "She's not drinking AT YOU, she's just drinking." She's not lying AT YOU, she's just lying. Etc.

It's hard when the person you trusted most of all deceives you and lets you down. But it's nobler to be the deceived one than the deceiver. (((hugs)))