Notices

Not the dreams I expected

Old 12-21-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not the dreams I expected

Usually when I get sober I eventually have drinking dreams. Last night I had a nightmare that I missed an important AA meeting.

I hope my brain is starting to reorganize itself towards valuing sobriety and away from obsessing about booze.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's interesting. Can't say I've ever experienced anything like that. Here's hoping your brain is getting it together!!
Old 12-21-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That must have been distressing when you were in your dreamstate. But, yeah, I agree; it does seem to suggest a reorganization of thought processes and priorities.

Good stuff.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Dreams Nightmares are common in early sobriety

I have had nearly every sleep disorder going mine have faded heavily in sobriety
Old 12-22-2014, 01:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have found that they come and go. I've been sober for over two years and occasionally I still get a drinking dream that rattles me. But dreams are just that- dreams. They're not real. I like to think they're my Beast; having utterly failed to get to me awake it's trying me in my sleep. But that's another great thing about sobriety; being lucid. When I drank it seemed like I usually spent the first hour or two after waking up being a zombie, just halfways in and halfway out of it. Now I'm 100% awake and lucid within 15 seconds of getting out of bed!

I do want to mention lest I worry you that the dreams- for me- have become much less frequent. Just an occasional thing.