Great news!

Old 12-20-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Great news!

Well we decided- why wait until Monday? I will be driving AH up to treatment tomorrow! It's an 8 hour drive, so I'm not looking forward to that, but of course well worth it.

AH is totally freaking. He is actually tearful and is acting very vulnerable. I have been kind and reassuring. He is going to help wrap christmas presents for me tonight. I got his laptop all set up for skype and showed him how to use it. He is watching the grinch right now with kiddos.

Our oldest daughter (his bio daughter) is really acting out, however. She has so much anger towards him. She has told me stories of her and her younger brother having to fend for themselves on many occasions due to his inebriation. She told my younger daughter (my bio) that she was glad he was going to treatment so she didn't have to see him. I feel bad for HIM that his daughter is so angry, but I totally understand her point of view. I know what it's like to not have a parent care for you and to not feel safe.

My grandma was super super nice to me on the phone and told me that if I couldn't make the drive home to call her from a hotel and she would pay for the room. WOW! That was a huge blessing! The two younger ones will come with me and the three older ones will hold the fort down.

I am nervous and anxious, but with all the messages God has been giving me lately, I know this is the right thing to do. And to take this time to focus on me and the kids is the best Christmas present of all.

My 9 year old son wanted to play a son for my AH today on the way into town. It was a christian rap song by a man called Lecrae called "I'm praying for you". I thought it was so sweet. I know they are glad to get a breather from his toxic behavior, but they all also have "issues" of their own from their past as well. My kiddos bio dad always was coming and going. My AH kids mother had her rights terminated for abuse and neglect....so we are a broken family still trying to pick up heal from a lot of BS. Everyone is having to deal with their own insecurities right now. But.......let the healing begin. Good riddance.

I'm glad to be off a day earlier. Oh yeah- and (thank you Amazon for your fast shipping) I got my camera today!! I already took a few shots and WOW! It's wonderful. I can't wait to do more with it and really get out in nature to connect with the earth and God.

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-20-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey fts,

Gotta say, we posted at the same time, and some of the things you said, I also said in my post.

Thank you Amazon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so great and I am so happy for you.

You really are inspirational. I see many good things coming your way this year.

(((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
amy
Old 12-20-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yay!!!! to all of that!!! I'm so happy for you! I hope he gets better, but that will be up to him. YOU sound FANTASTIC, though, and keep all these little "God-incidences" in mind in the weeks, months, and years to come.

The signs don't necessarily mean he will get well--God has his own plans for him. But it SHOULD be clear to you now that YOU and your kiddos can be safe and protected no matter what comes. Just keep putting those footies forward, one after the other.

I have a feeling this will be a very good Christmas for you!

Hugs, mega-hugs!!
Old 12-20-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm glad things are moving forward so fast

Drive safe and I hope things go well on all fronts.