Why do I do this to myself?

Old 08-05-2004, 02:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why do I do this to myself?

Ok it is now 415 and he just called, it is his friends birthday today....they are going out and that only means 1 thing...ok 2 things ...he will definetly be hammered beyond belief and will either call for a ride home at 2 am or I will not hear form him at all until morning! my question is WHY do I care or WHY am I angry about this?? I know what is going to happen........why does it bother me so ...is it becasue I can't control it? or is it because we went to dinner and a movie last night and he had no money to pay for anything but tonigh the is going out and all of a sudden has money to do that (mind you he has not worked in 2 weeks)

Please tell me things will be ok and not to be angry.......on the bright side of things I could pick up the kids and do whatever I wanted!! or we could go home and eat cereal if we wanted to for dinner (he hates that) :0)

maybe it won't be such a bad thing I just can't help but think he is going to end up in some kind of trouble.....these so called friends in my opinion when the going gets tough they are gone...including one of them being his brother!!

I should just let it go and let God huh!!!??
Old 08-05-2004, 02:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Shel)))

The point is that even if you worry and are mad, it won't make any difference. If you worry and are angry, will that keep him out of trouble? No. It will only make you miserable.

I like your idea of doing whatever you want. You can have a great night no matter what he chooses to do.

Come back tomorrow and tell us all of the fun you had. Let him worry about him.
Hugs - L
Old 08-05-2004, 03:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lorelai is absolutley right, the outcome will be the same no matter what you do, so be as happy as you can doing it! Grab the kiddos and have some fun with them. They will love it. Hugs! Teggie
Old 08-05-2004, 04:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Radar

Lorelai, may I say that I read a lot of posts on this site and I always read yours carefully because you make a lot of sense! Keep supporting and keep posting. You really help me to put thing in perspective.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Karivan)))
Old 08-06-2004, 09:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

OK well the outcome was as suspected........he called at 230 saying he wanted to come home, of course he was drunk and not making much sense. I was glad to know he made it back to his friends safely....he said he was taking a taxi hom e, I tol dhim fine but I was not paying for it....then he changed his tune and asked "what are you doing" hmmmmmmmmm, let me think about it ...its almost 3am what do you think I am doing?? SLEEPING! I said goodnight and hung up ...he proceeded to call back a few more times (I beleive the last time was 4am) which none of them I answered....so now I am at work and he calls, says he had fun last night blah blah , went dancing...(and that is supposed to make me feel good) he doesn't hardly dance when I am with him but can go out with his buddies and dance with all the women! AT any rate my only comment was "I don't care" (which isn't entirley true) and that if he wanted to be single he can be.......he says I'll call you back later when you have a better attitude!! WHATEVER.....if I went out with my friends and didn't come home, then the next day tell him I was at the club dancing ....OMG the world would end as we know it! But its OK for him!! That is what I cannot stand..........

As far as what I did.......I played outside with my kids, watched a little TV and talked to my mother and my sister on phone...was a nice and RELAXING evening!!

thanks for listening~