Frustrated

Old 12-18-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Frustrated

I am so over all the drama with my xabf. I just had to change my cell number again (this makes the 5th time). He broke into my car and stole my phone to get my most recent number so I had to get another phone. I filed a police report and then bought a new phone. Once I did that he immediately started sending me nasty and degrading texts. I blocked his number but then the texts would come in from several different numbers both during work hours and at night. Here's the thing, my boundary was that I would no longer be in a relationship with him as long as he was actively drinking. My other boundary was that I would no longer put up with all the other women that he has on "standby". HE chose vodka and the other women, but why won't he just let me be? If he is so happy with the other women (which he tells me he is, then why send me nasty and degrading texts? When will he just move on and leave me alone??? To me this borders on stalking. Have any of you had to deal with the constant harassment of an X to this extent even after the X has moved on with other women?
Old 12-18-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think you are dating my ex!! I have had to block him for the same reason. One minute he has women throwing themselves at him & they are all much prettier than me. The next minute, he is asking me to take him back. Then the nasty messages would begin. Blocking him has made my life much more peaceful. Have you tried that?
Old 12-18-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think you are dating my ex!! I have had to block him for the same reason. One minute he has women throwing themselves at him & they are all much prettier than me. The next minute, he is asking me to take him back. Then the nasty messages would begin. Blocking him has made my life much more peaceful. Have you tried that?
Old 12-18-2014, 05:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Old 12-18-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Old 12-18-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, he was blocked and would message me from others phones. I just don't get why he won't just be happy with HIS choices and leave me alone to heal and move on...
Old 12-18-2014, 09:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Depending on what state you live in, you may be able to file for a restraining order under "harassment" for what he's doing to you.

That would elevate his behavior from "nuisance" to possible "felony" -- and that's apparently what this jerk face needs to get the message. Don't back down. Like my attorney likes to say, "the only thing that scares a bully is a bigger bully -- and the law is a pretty big bully."
Old 12-19-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

can you change your number?
Old 12-19-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I just changed my number again two days ago. I am worried though because he seems determined to keep harassing me. I will check into the RO for harassment. Something has to get thru to him, I can't take much more of this...
Old 12-19-2014, 06:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Call the COPS!! You need to get this on record. Keep all the texts!!

He is scary. You block him he finds the number. Then texts you from other numbers?? Really. There is laws against this. He can not do this and I would get some kind of restraining order against him. Once you have this on record if he does it again he can be arrested. He is seriously ill and I would not allow him to keep doing this to you.

It will Escalate!!! Please take this seriously, he is unstable and it will eventually get worse. ((((((((((hugs)))))))))
Old 12-19-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Originally Posted by barelybreathing View Post
To me this borders on stalking
It doesn't border on stalking BB, it iS stalking, and pretty scary stalking at that. Please go to the police and ask them how to approach it. You've had to change your number 5 times and he's broken into your car! What's next, your house?

He is harassing you, is sending abusive messages, and has damaged your property. It has to end. Keep everything he sends you, and don't forget to call the police if your property is damaged. Stay safe.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

Sweetheart, he passed "bordering on" stalking a while ago. This is straight-up criminal behavior. HE BROKE INTO YOUR CAR TO GET YOUR PHONE NUMBER. Normal people don't do that. That doesn't even fall into typical A traits. This is in the abuser/mentally effed category. His behavior isn't about you, so stop trying to figure out the why. He's unstable and abusive and has latched onto a target. For all you know, he could be treating another woman or women the same way. Report it and consider changing your daily routines (and even your crash pad, if possible) until the law can offer you some kind of help.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Best bet is to call the non-emergency # of your local police station and ask what steps you can take regarding an exbf who is now harassing you.

And what ever you do - do not respond to any message he sends you.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

If he has been reported for stealing your phone, are the cops ready to arrest him? If so, work with the police to set him up. Tell him you'll meet him somewhere and boom! they arrest him.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You have the abusive texts as evidence and the police report.

Press charges for sure and do not respond, as others have said, to any texts.

This is stalking from where I sit.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Get a restraining order. With that evidence it will be easy. Then you can have him arrested as soon as he makes any contact. OR he won't make contact anymore. They're free and the court usually has an office to help with it. Good luck.