Notices

where are you at in your recovery?

Old 12-17-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

where are you at in your recovery?

I'm 83 days strong. Its not been easy to say the least. I have continuing and progressive illness that is starting to become joyous experience. I'm relieved to know that there is a way out of this mess I've created for myself.this is something that has to be addressed on a daily basis. Its hard work! I can't forget about the times I sat alone consumed by denial,substitution,rationalization,justification, distrust of others, guilt, embarrassment,dereliction,degradation, isolation and the unmanageability. The 11 results my disease. Not one good thing!! At this point I could no longer fight. I accept the facts! I manipulated the truth. Believed bad was good, wrong was right and nonsense was good sense. There is now no reason to go back to such unheathly conditions after having some improvements. Changing my old ways of thinking plays a big part in my recovery. Every clean day is a successful day, NO MATTER how crappy my day turned out. I know in my heart the drugs have the power to turn me into something I never want to be again.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hear you.

I didn't want to be like that any more. I wanted to make my life how I wanted it to be. I hate who I was and what I did while drunk but now I will never have to worry about being that anymore. Freedom!!!
Old 12-17-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Preach it, brother!
Love it!
Congrats on your awesome 83 days!
Old 12-17-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

224 days today. Where I am at- a lot healthier mentally and physically, happily married, grateful for each day, renewed commitment to work and education, just better in so many ways.

Been having some hard days because of the time of year. Cravings, but I set small goals like staying sober for a week at a time.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Inspring thread! I'm at 78 days. My AV has been whispering to me about moderation lately (surely I can have a glass of wine with dinner) so I need to be vigilant and make a plan.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Good stuff guys! That addict voice talks to me without my permission on a daily. Honest sharing is the antidote to my disease thinking!
Old 12-17-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am way behind you guys at day 11 but feeling strong and extremely grateful for this experience and for all the incredible support and advice on SR.

Old 12-17-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have know idea.

I don't count days. I'm sober today, so right now my answer is 1. Tomorrow I'll start over with a fresh 24 hours and I'll try to get to 1 again. That's all that matters to me, one day at a time.

Now, once upon a time I counted days, and I think I was around 3000 days sober and I screwed up. It was very depressing going back to 1.

If I got a calendar out right now and figured it out I know I would be somewhere in the 4 digits again. But I'm also one drink away from zero if I become complacent and think I'm cured because I have a whole bunch of sober days in a row.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Originally Posted by seasky View Post
I am way behind you guys at day 11 but feeling strong and extremely grateful for this experience and for all the incredible support and advice on SR.

Your not way behind in reality all I have is today. Then when I wake up I have to make the decision all over again. Its a miracle we even have 1 day. Take pride in your 11 days. Stand tough, Stay strong.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

1311 days now

keep moving forward, you are worth it!!!!
Old 12-17-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello. Just done with day 3, witch was the hardest. I getting back to sober Geno witch is happy go lucky guy that people want to be around. Not there yet but on my way. Keep stepping forward
Old 12-17-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

14 days here and tied with my longest stretch. I've had a good couple of weeks but I'm not feeling great today. I literally keep telling my AV to **** off but that may not be the best way to handle the situation. lol I read some good threads here tonight though and I'm feeling a bit better. No way in hell am I drinking tonight. I'm about to go to bed and maybe tomorrow I'll wake up with rainbows and butterflies coming out of my ass again.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Originally Posted by erin8 View Post
14 days here and tied with my longest stretch. I've had a good couple of weeks but I'm not feeling great today. I literally keep telling my AV to **** off but that may not be the best way to handle the situation. lol I read some good threads here tonight though and I'm feeling a bit better. No way in hell am I drinking tonight. I'm about to go to bed and maybe tomorrow I'll wake up with rainbows and butterflies coming out of my ass again.
Haha rainbows and butterflies.its weird my first 2 weeks were gun Ho. Now I'm at 83 and I have to keep giving myself pats. I'm just pissed about being homeless and in recovery. Like I should be put up in a mansion for making the decision to get clean. I know that its up to me now to get myself to where I need to be. I'll look back at this moment in my life when ever I want to take that next one. I will surely think twice!!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

17 months on the day after Christmas.
Fighting the good fight every day.
Learning new strategies along the way.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

591 days and working/thinking to improve daily. Holidays a bit more thought provoking for me due to family stressors. Keeping my plans in place.
Be safe all
Old 12-17-2014, 10:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

At six months I don't actually think about, like as something I'm used to doing, anymore. I am officially out of the habit of drinking. Not drinking is my new norm.

On that note, there are still times when I feel like an alien living outside of my body a little bit. I am still experiencing some PAWS surprisingly.

However I am relieved that the simple habit of drinking is not there anymore. I used to be like a wolf to red meat, a starving wolf! Never thought I'd get to the point where an evening feels [I]normal[I] without alcohol.

I will admit that life seems a bit dull at times! But I'd take a bit dull over massive-dying-slowly-from-the-inside hangover!
Old 12-17-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on your 83 days