loss and sadness

Old 12-16-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy loss and sadness

my cousins husband has passed away. They live in a small town in the midwest and seem like the perfect family. She kept their struggles secret from all of us for so long. Now that he is gone she has let it all out. He had been drinking a very long time and commited suicide last night.

I want to board the next plane to her town. I want to wrap my arms around her. I want to save her from this pain. I want to yell. I want to be there to make her a casserole and clean her house and take her son to school. I feel the need to do something. I want to fix it. I want to make it right.

I can't. I cannot fix this situation. I cannot fly across the country right now. I am powerless.

I guess I just needed to say it. I needed to say that I feel so many codie urges over my poor cousin. To rescue, to fix, to... I dont know.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry Lily. There is nothing more sad than seeing addiction rob lives.

Tight, tight hugs.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hugs Lily.... We all understand. Sending a prayer for your cousin during this time of pain.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So sorry, Lily. It's not codie behavior in my opinion--when people fall ill or die it is completely good and normal to sweep in and help out as much as you can. I am sorry you can't jump on a plane and do all that for her. Maybe a phone call, a sweet card, things for her self-care would help you feel better, too. Take care.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

agree with GardenMama...not a "Codie" thing at all.......