Notices

Headed to rehab part 2

Old 12-16-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Headed to rehab part 2

First of all, thanks to everyone for your encouragement yesterday.

T minus 3 hours and counting. I have been up and pacing around my house since 4:00 a.m. this morning, full of anxiety yet oddly relieved. Strange duality there. I have a 4 hour drive to this program and I really still do not know what to expect. I think the one thing bothering me the most right now is the humiliation over all of the very stupid things I did when I was drunk and I am wondering if that will ever go away.

I imagine when I get back I'll be posting on this forum quite a bit, as meetings can be difficult to get to where I live during the winter.

Thanks to all and happy holidays.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Rehab will be a great place to address your feelings and emotions and the therapists should be trained to help you deal them and find healthy ways to resolve them.

Congratulations, FixerUpper, in taking such a brave and empowering step.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

The shame and the humiliation will go away Fixer....but it won't happen overnight. Work on fixing you first...the rest will take care of itself. Hope you have a great stay, do a LOT of listening. Looking forward to hearing from you when you get back, or perhaps even when you are there if you have access to SR. Be well...you are doing the right thing.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've had many cringe worthy moments when I was drinking. I can't change that they happened but I can learn from them. And I can learn to forgive myself. The pain fades, like all pain fades. You will get through this.

We will see you when you return from rehab. I did rehab and it was a great experience.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're not alone. Many of us have been in your shoes. Like Ruby, I did rehab and found it was a great experience. Don't worry, you'll be in good hands. Chat soon and all the best!
Old 12-16-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

The shame is hard to deal with but you will find tools that will help you with this.

Good luck with your rehab.