Notices

Back on the wagon...

Old 12-15-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back on the wagon...

... after the last time. I just got tired of playing myself and cheating myself. So overall I am doing pretty well. Get some urges here and there.

But crap- I am still exhausted! I think this time last quit I was starting to get my energy back.

Any tips on how to get that pep back in my step?

This morning was pretty cool. I had a sober realization about one of my kids. It was pretty funny. Last night we picked up all his toys and put it in a basket next to his seat (he is about 6 months old). This morning when I woke up and went out to the living room, I saw him sitting in his seat, picking toys out of his basket one by one. He would look at it, chew on it, but it back in the basket and grab another toy and do it over again. Each time he looked back in the basket I could see on his face "Wow cool another toy". He just looked happy and content...
Old 12-15-2014, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ahh... "the wagon".

Never did like that term.

And these days I like it even less.

Seems to me that 'the wagon' is really addiction. "The Wagon" is suffering. "The Wagon" is the deception that our addictions are what we are, that they are what life is.

Being FREE of "The Wagon" is so much more wonderful. Being able to live life unencumbered by addiction, fully, deeply, sincerely.... that's not a wagon, that's glorious.

Congratulations on returning to freedom!!!

As for the energy, keep at it. That comes with time. Focus on healthy eating, exercise, working an ACTIVE sobriety and working on your personal growth.

You'll continue to see progress....

Old 12-15-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
ahh... "the wagon".

Never did like that term.

And these days I like it even less.

Seems to me that 'the wagon' is really addiction. "The Wagon" is suffering. "The Wagon" is the deception that our addictions are what we are, that they are what life is.

Being FREE of "The Wagon" is so much more wonderful. Being able to live life unencumbered by addiction, fully, deeply, sincerely.... that's not a wagon, that's glorious.

Congratulations on returning to freedom!!!

As for the energy, keep at it. That comes with time. Focus on healthy eating, exercise, working an ACTIVE sobriety and working on your personal growth.

You'll continue to see progress....

You know my friend also said something along those lines... so maybe I cam confused on what the wagon is... How about the Sober Subaru, or Sober Station-Wagon... I dunno- sober something!
Old 12-15-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that each relapse is harder to recover from which might be why you are more tired this time. Just keep eating well and exercising and hopefully you will feel better soon. If not, check with your dr.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Our minds and body take time to heal..every relapse puts that process back.
Try and stay patient - the pep will return, in time, jryan

D
Old 12-15-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back!
Old 12-15-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome back Jryan i agree with the others

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html
Old 12-15-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It was weird. I got a second wind around 530 this evening. I guess being at work kind of zaps my energy. Oh well. Just happy to be sober this evening and continuing to put days together and adding on sober days. I have been keeping a sober journal but its more about feelings than me saying stay sober. I think it helps. I am thankful to jave an understanding and forgiving family.

I have been a little worried recently as I have had an enlarged lymph node in my neck for a few months now. Luckily it hasn't gotten any bigger since I first noticed it and who knows it could have been there for much longer. But at any rate I have a ct scan on wed so I am kind od nervous.

So a little stressed at the moment which I am sure is zapping my energy. Dr said he isn't that worried but for peace of mind I decided to get one done.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I always get a second wind after I leave work. Too much on my mind. But, I don't know how long you have sober but it took me a while to get the pep in my step. Like three weeks? I can't remember at this point but I know it was longer than a couple of weeks. I just took it easy knowing it would return.

Good luck on your scan. Best to have it checked if you are concerned to ease your mind.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Its just been a little over a week... I remember around day 7 I was getting it all back.