Help, looking for meeting

Old 08-04-2004, 08:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy Help, looking for meeting

I havent been to a meeting for a while, well along time. I started going to alanon meetings a couple years ago when my girlfriend introduced me to them. My son has a drug and alcohol problem. I was only dating her at the time. Well I built up these walls I guess to protect myself from the pain my son was causing and I shut my girlfriend out. We bought a house and have been living together until yesterday when she left. I wasnt comunicating with her and made her feel lonely, and now I feel horrible.
I love this woman, and I hurt her, I am feeling so lonely myself now and not sure what to do. I am looking for a meeting in south miami can anyone help?
Old 08-05-2004, 05:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Miami is huge and I know there must be a ton of meetings. Go to the white pages of your phone book and look up Al Anon or AA and make the call. Go to one meeting close by and there you will find a meeting list.

Good luck!
JT
Old 08-05-2004, 09:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Here's a link to how I found one in my area. You just put in your zip and you can look for meetings up to 99 miles around.

http://allone.com/12/aca/

Hope this helps. If not let me know I'm pretty good at finding stuff on the net.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

sweeks, thanks for the help. nothing really showed up from that site. I may go to one of the AA meeting places near me and see if they have any info on Alanon
Old 08-05-2004, 10:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks, alanon isnt in the book but AA is I will give them a call, I am sure they will have info on local alanon meetings
Old 08-10-2004, 08:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I too need to find meetings in my area, (pittsburgh, pa) but I may be able to give you some advice. With my partner, I have found it really helps to just talk to her. Shutting her out only makes a bad situation worse. When I am having a hard time dealing with my dad's addictions and my mom's bad parenting skills I tend to keep everything inside (learned behavior at its best). She says I never tell her how I feel, lately I have been trying. I think you should call her. Tell her that you love her, don't take for granted that she knows. I know also in my situation, my girlfriend will never really understand what I am dealing with, which is why I turn to everyone here and will continue to look for a meeting in my area, but I still try to include her in what I going through. I don't know if any of what I said has helped, but good luck. Keep posting and if there is anything more I can do to help, send me an email ( [email protected] ). My relationship isn't perfect, but I do love my girlfriend with all my heart and could always use advice on ways to make our life together better. Maybe we can help eachother...
Old 08-10-2004, 12:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

http://www.al-anon-alateen.org/english.html At the bottom of the page will be a link that says "find a meeting". It will give you local websites with meeting schedules.