Notices

Struggling

Old 12-13-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling

Today I am 6 wks sober and although I feel proud of myself and know that this is the right path, tonight I am struggling. After a bad stressful day all I want is a drink, anything to take the edge off. I've gone through so many emotions tonight, I've cried, shouted, lay in bed with covers over head just wanting it to be over. All the while my partner looks at me not understanding, telling me I have no other option but not to drink....with a glass of wine in hand! I'm so angry, I hate him, I hate everyone, I hate myself. Feel so alone, I want this clawing desperate feeling to end....please just let it stop.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, Jules; I am sorry that you are having such a hard time of it. Hugs to you.

Are you working any kind of a plan?

And great job on 6 weeks, Jules.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't do it please. The alcohol will only mask the problems and tomorrow when you wake up, the problems will still be there and you'll hate yourself for it.
6 weeks is a great accomplishment. Do NOT take a step back when you've already come so far.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

jules, breathe, breathe again, keep breathing. Try some ice cream. relax, we're here, without a glass in hand, to help you through this.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

clean the bathroom. something about action that changes our feelings and accomplishing this simple task might just help you change what you are feeling.

stay strong and stay stopped!!

Love and Hugs to you
Old 12-13-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
jules, breathe, breathe again, keep breathing. Try some ice cream. relax, we're here, without a glass in hand, to help you through this.
Ice cream always helped me! What I'd do is go take a walk in the woods. You wont feel like drinking while you are embraced by mother natures beauty.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Im not really working any kind of plan soberLeigh just kinda doing it myself and joined SR for support. Dont have icecream....but do have cheesecake :-)
Old 12-13-2014, 01:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Jules, can you get out of the house for a bit? Go to the movies? Go looking at different items at a store? Go for a walk? There were times I just had to get out of the house.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jules7 View Post
Thanks everyone. Im not really working any kind of plan soberLeigh just kinda doing it myself and joined SR for support. Dont have icecream....but do have cheesecake :-)
Keep on posting, Jules. We are here for you.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I would (and have) ask my partner to get the wine out of my face. I've ordered my husband out of the kitchen before when he sauntered in with a glass of scotch, and I wasn't very polite about it either. I used some words that were probably a little stronger than necessary. I totally get the anger you're feeling.

You will get through this, and you will be glad you did it sober. Eat the cheesecake.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Today I am 6 wks sober and although I feel proud of myself and know that this is the right path, tonight I am struggling. After a bad stressful day all I want is a drink, anything to take the edge off. I've gone through so many emotions tonight, I've cried, shouted, lay in bed with covers over head just wanting it to be over. All the while my partner looks at me not understanding, telling me I have no other option but not to drink....with a glass of wine in hand! I'm so angry, I hate him, I hate everyone, I hate myself. Feel so alone, I want this clawing desperate feeling to end....please just let it stop.
The thing is...you're doing it - you're dealing with all this without booze.

That's HUGE Jules - and it means next time you're stressed, it will be a little easier

Can you think of other ways to relax? bubble bath, a walk, some exercise?

D
Old 12-14-2014, 12:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi guys, thank you all so much for the support last night. I got through it without succumbing to the beast. I ended up having a bath then getting an early night...with the cheesecake of course! I think im going to have to ask my boyfriend not to drink around me until im strong enough to handle it. Think thats what tipped me over the edge last night.
Thanks again :-) x
Old 12-14-2014, 12:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Jules well done , a monumental effort
Reward yourself !!!
And make it clear to your bf to not drink around you
Old 12-14-2014, 01:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good for you you Jules! And I think it is reasonable to ask your boyfriend not to drink around you.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I've gone through so many emotions tonight, I've cried, shouted, lay in bed with covers over head just wanting it to be over. All the while my partner looks at me not understanding, telling me I have no other option but not to drink....with a glass of wine in hand! I'm so angry, I hate him, I hate everyone, I hate myself. Feel so alone, I want this clawing desperate feeling to end....please just let it stop.
Well...your bf is being kind of douchey isn't he..as you writhe around in wretchedness?

Way to go Jules..way to work hard and get through this bad patch. It's JUST a bad patch..this day will end. And you will be soooooooooo proud of yourself for ...enduring and getting on through. You are being courageous...and tough..and strong...

You're living...really living...sucky emotions and discomfort and all.

The sun will rise tomorrow.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi jules welcome to SR

Read this print it off if you wish http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html
Old 12-14-2014, 02:18 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi jules7

I am inspired by your strength ... Keep at it..
I might need to have some cheesecake too !

Old 12-14-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well done, Jules!!
Old 12-14-2014, 10:39 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Youre doing great. My wife and i are slowly coming to an understanding on my alcoholism. If i dont drink im fine, but just like a lot of you one drink will start me up the escalator.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Tonymblue ... I like that you call it an "escalator"
... Mine is more like jumping off a cliff