Notices

Waking up from a dream...more like a nightmare

Old 12-13-2014, 06:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Waking up from a dream...more like a nightmare

So this is my first post. Today I am grateful for 27 days of sobriety! I woke up this morning realizing that I had my first vivid drinking dream and it was more like a nightmare that I was drinking again. It scared me at first, but then I realized it was my AV trying to convince me through my dreams that I would be okay if I were to only have a few drinks again. I was traveling, which is trigger for me, whether it be for business or pleasure to give myself a reason to drink. The nightmare made me realize how quickly I fell into the abyss of the poison. I woke up relieved knowing I didn't drink. I feel strongly in my heart that I really don't want to go back to that dark place again and happy to wake up this Saturday morning feeling wonderful and being able to watch the sunrise!
Old 12-13-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's your AV kicking and screaming, because you are WINNING. Good for you on 27 days, and welcome to the posting side of SR.

Glad to have you!
Old 12-13-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 27 days!
Old 12-13-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats! The 30 day milestone is right around the corner. I can't speak for the vivid dreams, because I don't sleep. I hope you find the answers you need.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 27 days, WIP. Drinking dreams are fairly common and can be unsettling; you woke grateful that you didn't really drink; to me, that is a good sign.

That demonic AV will use all the tricks in its bag.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I slowly woke up this morning with that " what did I do" feeling. Could have swore I had a hangover. What a relief it was when I realized I didn't! Day 15 here, and I guess I'm beginning to accept that our bodies and AV's are going to play tricks on us for some time to come. I can deal with that, it kinda sucks, but it's still a good feeling when realizing it was just a trick, or a dream, or whatever and I am the one in control and winning.

Congrats on 27 days! I intend to be joining you soon.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats WIP17 on 27 days! That is great!!
I just loved this quote of yours, "The nightmare made me realize how quickly I fell into the abyss of the poison. I woke up relieved knowing I didn't drink. I feel strongly in my heart that I really don't want to go back to that dark place again and happy to wake up this Saturday morning feeling wonderful and being able to watch the sunrise!"
Thank you for sharing!
Old 12-13-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is an unlikely miracle.

Hello WIP and congratulations on 27 days